PDA

View Full Version : Fastest top speed for 22ZX Donzi

Donzi22zx
02-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I just want to see what the fastest top speeds recorded for the Donzi 22ZX are, I am in the process of major mods to my boat and just want to see what other have done. Please post you top speed( GPS only) and your mods. I have heard the 22ZX is only good for about 88mph and after that things get very scary. Thanks everyone.

Shanghied Again
02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
The best speed so far was my 22 at 89mph with a 7psi boost 640hp I was going to run the Radar Shoot Out with the higher boost but NOT recomended almost lost the boat a 85mph... The 22 ZX is stable to 80mph after that you run out of hull... 77-82MPH with 510HP is as far as you wana go with that boat.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Dude, your killing me! I can't keep up....
One minute your selling, one minute your not. :idea:
What are you doing? I thought you were already up there in MPH, high 70's.
Don't waste any more money, upgrade the boat for ride, the wife and child will appreciate it, trust me, especially in the bay.

BTW, the HRPA Poker Run is full strength this year, we plan to surpass the last four years! Register early and get your discount, come on down. Doors are always open to Donzi folks.
Bryan

$$$ for St Judes, what better cause. $130K last year, goal is even higher this year! :)

Donzi22zx
02-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey Brian, how are you doing, havent heard from you in awhile. I was going to get a 26ZX, but I just bought a larger facility for my business, I spent a ton of money on the property, lawyers and renovations. I bought a M-3 selfcontained Procharger awhile back and I think I am going to install it and keep the boat for 1 more summer. I am just a little worried about how fast it is going to be, it runs 74 on GPS now. We are comming to your poker run this year. please call me anytime 1-302-249-1595. If anyone was wondering what we do, I run a PWC & Jetboat repair shop, we also do part and unit sales, so if anyone out there is in need of great prices and service on PWC's give us a call.

Shanghied Again
02-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Before you slap an M3 on your motor make sure you change your steering to extrenal, put bolster seats in the boat the stock seats feel really uncomfortble at 80mph. And don't put A ProCharger on if you have more then 150hrs without an engine rebuild. Also you have to get rid of that Gaffrig 2 Speedo or but one heck of a big clamp to keep the hose from popping off.. 454mag will be at 580hp you will be running over 85mph.. Please becareful the boat is a handfull at that speed.