PDA

View Full Version : 22zx windscreen rattles

roadking
02-25-2004, 12:55 PM
my windscreen on my '99 22zx rattles. I guess the calking or whatever is not secure. any suggestions? Thanks

MOP
02-25-2004, 01:28 PM
my windscreen on my '99 22zx rattles. I guess the calking or whatever is not secure. any suggestions? Thanks

Give me an idea of how its mounted, I am not sure of that. Also is it the galss of frame. I may have some ideas that can work.

Phil

roadking
02-25-2004, 02:07 PM
it's the frame. it looks like it's calked or glued.

MOP
02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
You need to determine if it is the frame moving on the hull most likely look for chalky deposits along it where it meets the deck, If its frame noise the frame needs to be loosened, enough to clean it and under it then set back down on a small silicone bead. Use small wood spacers to hold it up while cleaning and applying the silicone.

If the glass is squeaking in the rubber!
On framed safety glass not "plexi it will melt" weather stripping cement works well. It should be done when it is warm so the rubber insert is pliable. Use a screw on silicone tub tip cut the very end off so you have a tiny hole important the stuff can be messy. I very rarely do this without a decent masking job! Take a ice pick and gently slip it between the glass and the rubber so you can get the tip of the cement tube in just a little (try to hold the tube by the plastic tip the stuff damn near jumps out of the tube. Now guide it along with using the plastic tip as your hand hold, with very light pressure on the tube watch in the grove all you want to do is get it wet not full. Some will ooze out as you move along keep it at a minimum for clean up "LATER" don't fool with it wet once it dries it can be gotten off easier. That should do the trick if its the glass.