PDA

View Full Version : Donzi With Electric Motors?

Fish boy
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Yep, and for its size it really moves. For anyone who ever considered buying a dumas kit of the donzi z65 sport tournament fishing boat, here is a finished one complete with running gear, electric motors, furniture and wall to wall carpet.

Fish

gcarter
02-25-2004, 08:30 AM
Beautiful, Fish!
Is this yours?
Great job!
I've been building a Dumas Typhoon a little at a time for about two years and I really enjoy it.
A great pastime.

George Carter

Walt. H.
02-25-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm not familiar with that brand name, I thought you we're implying something else! :eek!:

MOP
02-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Walt those in real life are a beautiful fishing machine, don't think a lot were produced. I have only seen one I was impressed and best of all a "DONZI"

MOP

Walt. H.
02-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I ment to be funny about the model name. Kinda sounds like what one might be called after doing something "stupid" :bonk: :idea:

Fish boy
02-25-2004, 12:45 PM
That needs to come to Mount Dora with you guys next month! Rumor has it at least one of its gas powered cousins wll be there, and maybe two!!

I wish I could but unfortunately I am not allowed to drive "either one" LOL. I might be able to rumage up something that is not quite finished yet that might be able to run with the other gasser cousins though. Just have to find time to finish it. Not a donzi, but should scoot pretty well.

George, This is my dad's model, and there are an awful lot of man-hours in it. it only got wet once, and now is a magnet to my nieces and nephews who try to sneak it into the pool (OK, I just blame them for my antics).

Walt, I got it, but probably because it is my middle name Ha!

MOP, I have a picture in my gallery of its big brother. z-65 (http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=156) There are actually a lot of them (relatively speaking). THey are currently being produced in Ft. Lauderdale by Bob Roscioli who is doing a fantastic job with the 65', 72', a few 58's and I beleive there is an 80' in the works.

I don't know too much about the RC's, but I do know a thing or two about the real tournament fishing boats if anyone is interested.

Fish

Walt. H.
02-25-2004, 01:02 PM
FishBoy,

Yeah mine too, especially when I screw up and a big one gets away! :bonk: :banghead:

gcarter
02-25-2004, 01:37 PM
I wish I could but unfortunately I am not allowed to drive "either one" LOL. I might be able to rumage up something that is not quite finished yet that might be able to run with the other gasser cousins though. Just have to find time to finish it. Not a donzi, but should scoot pretty well.

George, This is my dad's model, and there are an awful lot of man-hours in it. it only got wet once, and now is a magnet to my nieces and nephews who try to sneak it into the pool (OK, I just blame them for my antics).

Walt, I got it, but probably because it is my middle name Ha!

MOP, I have a picture in my gallery of its big brother. There are actually a lot of them (relatively speaking). THey are currently being produced in Ft. Lauderdale by Bob Roscioli who is doing a fantastic job with the 65', 72', a few 58's and I beleive there is an 80' in the works.

I don't know too much about the RC's, but I do know a thing or two about the real tournament fishing boats if anyone is interested.

Fish
Fish, it seems Bob Roscioli's personal boat was leased and was seized by the Feds. If I remember correctly it was tied up at his own dock but he couldnt even touch it himself. It seems this was back in the early '90's, do you know if he ever got his boat back?

George

Fish boy
02-25-2004, 01:52 PM
My recall is a little rough on this but I will check and edit as necessary. As I recall, he loaned the boat to some people from a magazine to do some shoots (powerboat, or something like that). The boat was boarded and there was some sort of problem with the Hull ID #'s, or possible lack of them where they were supposed to be. The boys in blue seized the boat, but there was a discrepancy as to what agency would actually get to keep the boat (they always try to take the good stuff). If I remeber correctly, it was not behind his house but was in a yard somewhere in S. Fla. with other confiscated vessels. as it was making its way through the courts, the boat next to Bob's caught fire and extensively damaged Bob's boat too. Not sure what finally happened but I will check. I am pretty sure it was not a donzi though. In the early 90's there was approximately a 2 year waiting list to get one of the 65's, and I don't think Bob pushed himself up the list. There is still a list, but not sure how long it is right now.

Again, all of this is from the hip and I might even be confusing stories (hang around docks long enough you hear a lot of them), but I will see if I can get some verification and let you know.

Fish

ALLAN BROWN
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Tell him to let you bring it over. I will take personal responsibility for it, and ensure that you do not launch it :D :D :D

I'd like to know when your next Bahamas trip is, and where my cabin is?? I'll bring the Whitewater (currently mising a propeller :eek: ) for a dinghy :)

The other Scott

Yo Ted, bring the Scarab!!! Dockside races???Bob's boat was a Hatteras. They painted it an sanded the HIN number too much. Effing feds made a federal case out of it. KThe fire was set by vagrants living on the boat and barbequeing on the floor of the cockpit. Broward sheriff wouldn't let Bob go aboard. Real sweethearts.

Fish boy
02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Brownie, thanks for the clarification- as always, you are there with the facts to make sure the stories are correct. Could not agree more on the Fed comment, constitution/rights don't mean squat when boating is involved. Good to hear from you.

Fish

Fish boy
02-25-2004, 03:25 PM
MP, it is actually in Ft. Lauderdale right now, but should be coming back around to this coast in a few weeks. Probably going to be a few months before we will be cracking open the Kalik's again.

Here is my entry into the gassers mix for Mt Dora. I am sure it is too light to be able to run with you and Ted, but the split second before it goes straight up into the air should be pretty exciting.