PDA

View Full Version : Trailering cover for 22

MOP
02-20-2004, 06:11 PM
I have an 86 22 that needs a new cover, any input greatly appreciated.

Woodsy
02-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Mop,

Westland has the pattern for the 22 Classic. I think you can find them online. If I can find my recipt, I'll post it. I would advise AGAINST trailering the boat with a cover on it... they tend to flap in the wind, even when they are tight to the point of almost ripping... this chafes the gel coat... not good...

Woodsy Von Outboard

Dr. Dan
02-20-2004, 08:00 PM
:propeller We bought our ugly Cover at www.coverquest.com it is SunBrella and it wasn't cheap....but it saves me sooooooo much detail time, it pays for itself. Woodsy is correct...Trailering with a cover brings challenges...however...if you're an anal retentive F*#k like me you work through it.

I use Velux Blankets, and sheets and some Clean Towels in key places to address the Woodsy Factors. Anyone who has seen our Classic, can vouch for its fitness, and it also prevents fading of the gel...its all relative...sometimes I will tow with out it...depends on the haul...I like it, I keep ours clean and it works for me.....

Doc of Dimentia :shades:

MOP
02-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks Guys!

I am hoping to get the one that has the extra reinforced top pouches for the wind deflectors. Maybe Westland/Cover Quest seems they are one in the same has that pattern. I will try mailing them.

Phil