PDA

View Full Version : New 18 Classic Interior Seat Cushions

Grip-it
02-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I have an 87 18 2+3 Donzi. I am in the process of restoring the boat to better than new condition. As you all know, it can be a little bit expensive because things keep adding up. In addition, I'm in the manufacturing business. Therefore, I decieded to send my original interior overseas to my factory and have it reproduced exactly with the highest quality grade vinyl.
I have one set made and would like to know if any of you guys are interested in taking advantage of offer. I'm selling each set for $ 500.00. Each set includes the following:

Re: 2 Front Seats
I had them reproduce the covers only. I am reusing my 2 front seat frames and seat bottoms. Front seats come with one cushion only for the piece you actually sit on. These covers can be installed super easy.

Re: 3 pice Rear Seats
3 piece rear seats are complete with cushions.

Re. Vinyl Grade:
1. Fireproof: reach a standard of CAL-117 in U.S..
2. Anti-mildewy & Antibiosis: Meet the standard of ASTM G-21-96.
3. Anti-UV: 500hrs
4. Marine grade

Re. Cushions:
A thin film of PU material was adhered on it so a to prevent water from soaking the cushions.

The price is $500.00 and the craftsmanship is great. I am taking orders and require a 100.00 deposite. Delivery time is 6-8 weeks. E-mail me with any questions. If you have another model boat ( 16 or 22 classic )please e-mail me because I'm working on those for future offerings.

Thanks

Dean Gillespie
03-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I have a '73 18 2+3 hull ready to restore with no seats or cushions. Your price for the upholstry is great, but I don't have the original seats. Can your guys reproduce the seats? What colors are available? Tahnks for your help. Deangill
I have an 87 18 2+3 Donzi. I am in the process of restoring the boat to better than new condition. As you all know, it can be a little bit expensive because things keep adding up. In addition, I'm in the manufacturing business. Therefore, I decieded to send my original interior overseas to my factory and have it reproduced exactly with the highest quality grade vinyl.
I have one set made and would like to know if any of you guys are interested in taking advantage of offer. I'm selling each set for $ 500.00. Each set includes the following:

I had them reproduce the covers only. I am reusing my 2 front seat frames and seat bottoms. Front seats come with one cushion only for the piece you actually sit on. These covers can be installed super easy.

Re. Vinyl Grade:
4. Marine grade

Re. Cushions:
A thin film of PU material was adhered on it so a to prevent water from soaking the cushions.

The price is $500.00 and the craftsmanship is great. I am taking orders and require a 100.00 deposite. Delivery time is 6-8 weeks. E-mail me with any questions. If you have another model boat ( 16 or 22 classic )please e-mail me because I'm working on those for future offerings.

Thanks

DonziNUTS
03-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I am interested in getting a set for my '66 16'....I have the two wrap arund seating cushions and the original style driver seat. If you can make these I am very interested!

Mike

mattyboy
03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
we had buckets produced by built rite for the 19 cig
that are top notch, and they stand behind their work.
they have all the colors that donzi every used even inca gold
( baby **** brown ;) ) if they don't have it they will find it!!and have all the templates for the classics including the larger number 5 seat,
the name says it all

Matty :)

DonziNUTS
03-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I called Bilt rite and recieved a quote from them......They told me $1500 for basic design (white) with red piping (welt?) and if I wanted a different color (like red) 169.00 more. To me I think is high in price, but if the quality is there not bad. I had a guy do my 73 and it was very nice for $700.00 which included a red stripe to match the boat plus a canvas cockpit cover.

I guess I am just being cheap! :biggrin:

Mike

smoothie
03-08-2004, 07:02 PM
I called Bilt rite and recieved a quote from them......They told me $1500 for basic design (white) with red piping (welt?) and if I wanted a different color (like red) 169.00 more. To me I think is high in price, but if the quality is there not bad. I had a guy do my 73 and it was very nice for $700.00 which included a red stripe to match the boat plus a canvas cockpit cover.

I guess I am just being cheap! :biggrin:

Mike

I hear ya brother...Bilt Rite wanted 2k plus shipping for my cig 20,Im sure it is top notch,but I had it done locally for $600.00 a cockpit cover and binding on my carpet included,top notch with quality materials,and he also wraps the cushions with plastic.

Grip-it
03-08-2004, 07:14 PM
There is no doubt that Built Rite makes great seats. I just want to offer my fellow enthusiasts a lower price alternative with the same level of quality. I love these boats as much as you guys do and only want to help making them be the best they can be!
:beer:

marratyme
04-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Can you still get the covers and with blue piping?

Re. Vinyl Grade:
4. Marine grade

Re. Cushions:

Thanks

lee
07-07-2004, 10:14 PM
can i just buy the back seat cushions i need all white or white with yellow trim you can call me at 773 281 8115 lee.i really need a back seat what do i have to do

Donzi5150
04-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Are you still able to manufacure these? Also, I have not taken apart my front seats but I know the bottom wood is in bad shape, how is the back manufactured and how is it connected? Thanks for your help. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/confused.gif

b44racing
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Can you make seat covers in slid red?

rustnrot
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
"Made overseas" as in "Made in China"?? I have no problem with stuff made in china, I buy it and sell it all the time. (Doggone flame suit, trying to get it on, must've gained some weight, oh well).

b44racing
05-19-2005, 05:14 PM
What I ment to say is can you get the seat covers in solid red color?

just2v
06-26-2005, 10:19 PM
i am looking for new cusions for my 1970 sweet 16. all Yellow with yellow or white piping. This is the left hand driver (with wrap around rear bench) 3 + 1.

thanks / justin (404 966 6466)

Bill Sparfel
06-28-2005, 12:13 PM

Re. Vinyl Grade:
4. Marine grade

Re. Cushions:

Thanks

I have an 86 and the seats are piped with navy and the vinyl is not exactly what I would call white. It has a grey hew to it. Will you make them in specific colors?

sda811
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Did you ever proceed with the order? I am interested in a set.
Let me know.

Steve Andrews
ski@ameritel.net

jstokes8407
04-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I am Intrested also white with red piping

john

mikeys1st
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi - I am trying to find out where to buy a new carpet set for my donzi. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Mike Sargent
1-800-924-1008

mikeys1st
06-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks Mattyboy

yellow22
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a 1994 22 Classic. interested in the interior sets you have posted. it's white with yellow piping.

thanks

Lenny
01-29-2008, 11:43 PM
...I think this idea died... :( as did Bilt Rite...

bpenford
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
hello i am looking to hvae seats made for my 1986 hornet 3 it have a front bench and rear wrap around what kind of price am i looking at ? thankyou OTE=Grip-it;269089]I have an 87 18 2+3 Donzi. I am in the process of restoring the boat to better than new condition. As you all know, it can be a little bit expensive because things keep adding up. In addition, I'm in the manufacturing business. Therefore, I decieded to send my original interior overseas to my factory and have it reproduced exactly with the highest quality grade vinyl.
Re. Vinyl Grade:
4. Marine grade
Re. Cushions:
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Donzi5150
07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if this is legit? Can you post pictures of the work?