PDA

View Full Version : Lake of The Ozarks

GEOO
02-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm thinking of going to the Shoot-Out in August. What is the best way to stay at the Ozarks? Would you recommend a houseboat? Or a hotel/condo? Thanks!! :moped:

mjpcowboy
02-20-2004, 09:16 AM
I have stayed in both Hotels and Condo's. There are a lot of nice condos for a decent price. Try to stay between the 5mm and the 23mm. I have a house around the 10mm and it is close to everything. Go to funlake.com and it will list a number of options. 5 star vacations does a good job and has a number of condos listed with them.

loanaranger
02-20-2004, 10:19 AM
i definately would not stay on a houseboat especially for the shoot-out. It would be virtually impossible to take a big houseboat anywhere near the course unless you were the first one there, and one of the last to leave. Sometimes with all teh boats it is hard to meander through the traffic in a 33' boat(especially with mjp cowboy driving). If you plan on staying on the houseboat, and drving your boat out to the course there isn't anywehre I am aware of that will allow you to moor the houseboat. In addition to all this there are few places that either have enough space for you, or will allow you to park there. Like Rick said you can't go wrong with either as long as you are in the main part of the lake(5-23mm). Something like the Ledges for the shoot-out would be perfect, you can actually watch the races from your deck. You would even be able to watch Rick get his butt kicked by me once again. It is also close to everything in regards to rest./bars. See you in August.

Barry

mattyboy
02-20-2004, 10:26 AM
somehow I don't think Geoo will be a watching from the sidelines!!! ;)

Matty

loanaranger
02-20-2004, 10:34 AM
unfortunately even when you do race you spend 99.99% of the time watching, and normally by yourself as you wait in line for your turn. it can get quite boring cause you can't really see the boats running just taking off.

mjpcowboy
02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Barry failed to tell you that he beat me by 1 mph and I only had one drive engaged. I can see that he has pleanty of time at his new job to give me a hard time but he is to busy to return his calls :splat: :wink: :wink:

loanaranger
02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
like i ever work, sorry my cell phone is dead, and between you and Sean you guys have stolen all of my chargers. i am getting ready to head to the boat show, and was going to call you from the car, that is until now. :mad:

rick, failed to tell you guys the boat I was driving weighed 3500 lbs. more and was 5' longer, and had the same engines as his. if anybody only had one drive it was me since it got replaced after that wknd.

you still bitter from the whopping your cyclones took the other night. :)

want me to pick anything up for you............38 daytona?

barry

Sean
02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Oh you had to drag me into it. We should have had you drive our boat. We should have done what they do in horseracing, put the smallest guy in the boat. :rlol:

Good to hear from you.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Wow, some ZX trash talk... sounds like two nice rides, so for clarity, can we get the numbers? We have a new 38 in the club running 525's.
What was the winning speed?
Bryan

loanaranger
02-20-2004, 07:38 PM
smallest, that is not what Lisa and Christy said. :rlol:

just cause my arms aren't the size of telephone poles doesn't mean you have to make fun of me.

just got back from something they called a boat show, man it was pathetic. two black thunders a 430 and 460SC, very nice. Bunch of Sea Ray's 390 and down, and a bunch of runabouts. Advertised as the largest boat show in the midwest. There weren't twenty people in there, it sucked.

Barry

loanaranger
02-20-2004, 07:42 PM
not that fast. the 33zx with 500's ran 76mph, and the 38 ran 77mph. they finished second in their class, and we won ours(2002). Both boats run much faster, but the water is super calm. They have that entire side of the lake a no-wake zone so the Donzi's really have a hard time getting on top of the water. They both beat other boats that are definately narrower and lighter so they did ok. That weekend Donzi was well represented on LOTO, everything from a 45ZX to a 26ZX, it was pretty neat.

Barry

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Barry, thanks, those numbers sound about what I expected.
I was just curious.
Bryan

DonCig
02-21-2004, 07:01 AM
George, I will be at the LOTO most of this summer. So if I can give you any advice or help let me know.

Don Tamm
The slow 18'.

GEOO
02-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks,
I'll look in to the Condo/Hotel thing.
What Town should I stay in?

loanaranger
02-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Osage Beach would be the best, but Rick and Sean live in Lake Ozark off of state hwy. HH. Basically the two are connected, if you were in LO you would be to Shooter's by land in 15 minutes, and by water at the most you would be 18 miles away but could be as close as 6. Either one is fine. The ledges is in Osage Beach, and is in a prefect location.

Barry

GG Donzi
02-23-2004, 12:58 AM
GEOO as I recall your boat is an 18', I was down there a few years ago and they would not allow anything under 20' to run. I'd hate to see you go down there expecting to make a couple of passes only to fine out they will not allow you to. Just a little heads up.

GEOO
02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm aware of that and If I can go I will need to find a way to enter. Maybe a Temporary Magnum Marine type swim platform? Donzi 18-20 custom??

Digger
02-23-2004, 12:42 PM
:hyper: GO GEOO GO :hyper:

Sean
02-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I would love to see you fly down the course.

I have a house in Lake Ozark. I agree with Barry that Osage Beach would get you closest to the course. Our house is located at the 10 mile marker. Let us know if you need anything. Our dock is always open for a cold one. :yes: Would be more than glad to give directions. We'll have our Donzi flags flying. Courtesy of Home Town Rally :wink: .