PDA

View Full Version : Need Marine Carpet!

Scott Heidt
02-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey does anybody know where I can get quality marine carpet. I need a nice red to match my interior. I have searched I high and low on the internet. Secondly, I live in the Tampabay Area (Go Bucs!) and I was wondering if any of you guys in the area might know of a good installer.

Thanks!

PS! Hope to be in the water soon! We are installing the new engine this weekend! Previous engine threw a couple O' Rods and sheared the cam in two places! Pucker Factor 10!

Team Hula Girl
02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey does anybody know where I can get quality marine carpet. I need a nice red to match my interior. I have searched I high and low on the internet. Secondly, I live in the Tampabay Area (Go Bucs!) and I was wondering if any of you guys in the area might know of a good installer.

Thanks!

PS! Hope to be in the water soon! We are installing the new engine this weekend! Previous engine threw a couple O' Rods and sheared the cam in two places! Pucker Factor 10!

Scott, I am pretty sure that Donzigo (Richard) will be able to help you with that info. Knowing Donzigo, he may have some extra RED carpet laying around his house. If not, I am sure he will know where to get some.

I am not sure about the actual size of your cockpit floor but you may be able to use the carpet from a 18 or 22 classic or maybe even a Minx?

Welcome to the board, where are you from in the Tampa area?

J Mitchell

MOP
02-19-2004, 09:04 PM
What are you running? Built Rite can do anything and check with Donzi.

Phil

Cuda
02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Scott, I am pretty sure that Donzigo (Richard) will be able to help you with that info. Knowing Donzigo, he may have some extra RED carpet laying around his house.

If Richard has any, you can be assured it is RED.

Donzigo
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Very funny, John & Cuda...............I do have some RED carpet; but, not enough for a 22.

Welcome to the registry, Scott...........several of us are going to Mar Vista accross the Tampa Bay on Saturday leaving at 11:00 from my dock at Boca Ciega Bay, south St. Pete. Check the post having to do with Mar Vista....

By the way John & Cuda, I just bought a new vehicle...................want to guess the color?

Then, there is the other vehicle in the garage............want to guess that color

I got new underwear today..............(don't even go there)

cigarette30
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
I have the name of the company that supplies to Donzi at the office, original and easy to deal with.... about $450.00, I will forward if you like

gold-n-rod
02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Pucker Factor 10!

What a GREAT boat name!! :biggrin:

goldnrod

Scott Heidt
02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Scott, I am pretty sure that Donzigo (Richard) will be able to help you with that info. Knowing Donzigo, he may have some extra RED carpet laying around his house. If not, I am sure he will know where to get some.

I am not sure about the actual size of your cockpit floor but you may be able to use the carpet from a 18 or 22 classic or maybe even a Minx?

Welcome to the board, where are you from in the Tampa area?

J Mitchell

Hey thanks for your response. I live in Brandon. Once we get the motor installed I'll keep the boat at the Bahia Beach High N' Dry. I can't wait to get in the water.

Scott Heidt
02-20-2004, 12:25 AM
I have the name of the company that supplies to Donzi at the office, original and easy to deal with.... about $450.00, I will forward if you like

Thanks! That would be great. I appreciate your help!

Scott Heidt
02-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Very funny, John & Cuda...............I do have some RED carpet; but, not enough for a 22.

Welcome to the registry, Scott...........several of us are going to Mar Vista accross the Tampa Bay on Saturday leaving at 11:00 from my dock at Boca Ciega Bay, south St. Pete. Check the post having to do with Mar Vista....

By the way John & Cuda, I just bought a new vehicle...................want to guess the color?

Then, there is the other vehicle in the garage............want to guess that color

I got new underwear today..............(don't even go there)

Thanks Donzigo! I would definitely like to go run with you guys. I hope to have the new engine installed soon. My work keeps gettin in the way of my boat'in time. Where did you get your red carpet? And do you know a good installer. I would do it myself but work keeps me quite busy.

Thanks for your help!

cigarette30
02-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Scott,

The company is R & R Textiles, Chatsworth GA 800-835-5920 or 706-695-1555

This is true marine carpet, custom made, with a rubber backing,
that will require no snaps, called the AquaMat, they are, or have
been many OEM for most of the big companies. I replaced the factory Cigarette "pile" with this as a superior carpet, as well as a few of my
previous Donzi's. Let me know if I can help you anymore. Again cost
was about $400.00

knots2u
02-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Bilt-Rite uses AquaMat backed carpet in 20 oz or 40 oz, they have patterns for 16, 18, and 22 Classic's. Price is under $400.

smoothie
02-22-2004, 08:07 AM
Scott,

The company is R & R Textiles, Chatsworth GA 800-835-5920 or 706-695-1555

This is true marine carpet, custom made, with a rubber backing,
that will require no snaps, called the AquaMat, they are, or have
been many OEM for most of the big companies. I replaced the factory Cigarette "pile" with this as a superior carpet, as well as a few of my
previous Donzi's. Let me know if I can help you anymore. Again cost
was about $400.00

This is what I just used for my 20 cig,a 5ft x 6ft pc costed me $120.00 with shipping, easy to cut and work with,dont need to glue or snap,lays down nice,dont need to bind the edges either,but I did mine with black binding,If you dont have the old carpet to use as a pattern,you can use some clear plastic to make one.Its 40 oz, some nice stuff.

Heres a color chart,I used riviera red:
http://www.bassboatcarpets.com/40_ounce_lg.htm

Tim Morris
02-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Bilt-Rite will also have a pattern for the MINX.
I'm sending him one today, need red also.

Air 22
02-22-2004, 07:58 PM
contact DR. Dan....THIS IS HIS BUSINESS....HE WILL GET YOU THE BEST PRICES AND QUALITY...JUST ASK CDMA... ;)

Scott Heidt
03-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the information. Ordered the Crimson Red from www.bassboatcarpets.com. I can't wait to get it in the boat! Thanks to everyone for all your help! :smileybo:

This is what I just used for my 20 cig,a 5ft x 6ft pc costed me $120.00 with shipping, easy to cut and work with,dont need to glue or snap,lays down nice,dont need to bind the edges either,but I did mine with black binding,If you dont have the old carpet to use as a pattern,you can use some clear plastic to make one.Its 40 oz, some nice stuff.

Heres a color chart,I used riviera red:
http://www.bassboatcarpets.com/40_ounce_lg.htm

Grip-it
03-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Does anybody have the CAD dimentions for the carpeting for and 18 classic?
Or does any body have the traditional dimentions for an 18 classic?