PDA

View Full Version : Cool Accidental Picture

Craig
02-19-2004, 11:59 AM
This was kind of cool. Took the picture below of my Dad's old boat on my office wall and the Donzi logo on the wall perpendicular to it reflected in it's frame glass.

Of course I noticed it before I clicked, but thought it was cool.

Then just reversed jpg image.

Boat's an old Chris Craft, but you can hardly tell what it is.

Digger
02-20-2004, 08:03 AM
the Chris looks like a Cobra, looks like there's the beginning of the tail where the pic is cut off... definitely post-war anyway, judging by the bow penant.

cool pic!

Craig
02-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Digger,

I wish it was a Cobra! Actually I really don't because the boat was sold long ago and I hate to cry about things at my age.

I didn't mean I didn't know "what" it was; I just meant you couldn't tell in the pic.

The boat was a Chris Craft Capri. Still a beauty. Actually it was my grandfather's. He had a hand full (4 or 5) old CC's over the period from the 40's to 1976 when the last mahogany boat finally left the Zimmermann's dock (a sad day).

The last one was a '62 CC that they (Chris Craft) just called the 16' "Ski Boat." Still pretty and, I thought very cool, but bumpy at just 16' and a flat bottom.

Still, it had the Chevy 283 and it sounded SSCCHHHWEEEEEETT!!!!

Digger
02-20-2004, 04:19 PM
ahhh, I see. cool. I was lucky enough to be brought up around old Chris's too. My Pop had several over the years, the one we had the longest was a 1946 26' Sportsman... he owned it for almost 25 yrs... what great memories!

very happy to see the old boat clubs very active and growing, keeping these old beauties alive!