PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Baron not a donzi

freeplay
02-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, I just picked up a 78 Baron.....just looking for a little history on the boat builder. I do know the history of this one and only have come across a couple of others around the St. Claire area.....The first one is called "Wet Dream"(red) It is still in the area as my late uncle owned it and his wife still has it. The second was also on Harsens Island and the name of it was "Head First" (blue) Owned by a family friend. I ended up getting this one from a long time friend and it has a picture of snoopy on the dog house on the side. For all of us who launch @ Metro Beach in Harrison it was docked just across the first bay behind a 42' Post. At any rate for the 3500.00 and a little TLC think it will be a good runner for the "Blakester".....my 13 yr. old. If anyone has info on this model it would be well appreciated.....c

Morgan's Cloud
02-19-2004, 07:51 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics .
Just love those old Bertrams :checkered

S

olredalert
03-13-2004, 11:49 AM
MC,

------The Barons we are talking about are not Bertram Barons. They are simply Barons. Small company I dont really know much about located in Michigan quite a while back. Dont think they are in business anymore but could be wrong,I guess. Went to look at one a couple of years ago,but didnt bite. Not a bad looking small boat. The guy who owned it was working for CART at the time and had very little time to use the boat as he was on the road all the time racing. Cart has since moved to Indy so dont know what happened to him or the boat. As it happens,that boat was red as well!................Bill S,,,,,,,DONZI Detective

freeplay
03-13-2004, 12:53 PM
olred, that was the same boat. Yes Joel ended up tranfering to Indy with Cart. Hopeing to have the boat semi complete by mid spring. I'll most likely keep it @ the house on the island for my son and nephews to use.

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Freeplay, you will love that boat. I almost bought it last year, but found a blue one which I had twenty years ago. "Snoopy" if thats the boat has a vette motor and a TRS and should move out pretty good. Yes and that boat needed a little TLC. My friend also has a red one being repainted as I speak (bright red) You will see us both a Browns bar and then tearing up those Donzi's. Baron only made 158 of them in 1978. Everything is placed perfect in the boat feeling like you have total control when you are ' on ' it.

Baddazz Baron

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Its all fun.............. and ya I will buy the first round. Just remember though only seeing baddazz baron from the rear...... (see ya at Browns)

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 10:07 AM
My back of transom - " baddaazz baron" So you know what they will be trying to read

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks, will supply more pics soon. Notice the calm water and how you can make the boat ride. This is not a Bertram ( a class all by itself). Interior layout two front round seats, back long seat and otherr baddazz features - awesome stereo that will vibrate the ladies keesters, and 150 more hp.

freeplay
07-09-2004, 10:32 AM
ok guys, interior is done, just picked it up today and if i may say it came out sweet. currently debating on getting the sides repainted red this year along with a new rub rail. If anyone knows who can do the paint work here in s.e. michigan let me know,it will be well appreciated
pictures soon to come. I'll try and have it out for the "madcow" run this month along with the blackhawk.

cheers to all! :beer:

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Sarns Marine in Harrsion Township is painting my friends with some new kind of paint (supposed to be the best).Where is madcow run going to take place.

freeplay
07-09-2004, 10:44 AM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31902&page=1&pp=15

should be entertainment

olredalert
07-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Freeplay,

-------The guy who did the work on my El Pescador is in Port Huron and is the best, not the cheapest, but the best. Actually not all that much when you figure in the quality...........Bill S