PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Donzi Gathering

jonesfe
02-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Looking for the date of the Orlando Donzi Gathering like the one they had last year....

Speed-Racer
02-18-2004, 07:16 PM
hmm....There hasn't been an Orlando gathering since Portofino in 2000 or Sanford in 2001.....

There are a few of us around here....if yah want to do something give us a hollar.

WELCOME ABOARD! :wavey:

Been on the St. Johns River before?

Last Tango
02-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the SEADOG's! SouthEast Area Donzi Owners Group. You are a member by virtue of simply being here. It becomes "official" the first event you attend with your boat! We have no rules. We have no formal structure. We exist as fun loving Donzi owners who gather from time to time. Watch for any post in this section with the word SEADOG in it. Any event happening in the Southeast is a SEADOG event. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina. Doesn't matter who organizes it. Any time we gather it's an event.
The most recent event was the Miami Boat show. Master SEADOG MadPoodle hosted a great weekend at his home and a run to Key Largo. It was also a great place to crash if you didn't have a hotel room for the show. Before that was the Palatka gathering. Coming up is the Mt. Dora Gathering at the Lakeside Inn for the Antique and Wooden Boat Show. We have two major events a year hosted by SEADOGs. Lake Eufaula on Labor Day Weekend, and whenever the Donzi factory hosts an event for the owners. The Factory event is a national event. The other major events we all try to attend are the Cumberland Lake event hosted by the Midwest Donzi Group known as AOTH (Awakening of the Horses), and any other gathering that offers free beer.
I am your semi-unofficial Supreme SEADOG. Your local SEADOGs are Speedracer, Jkeefe, and PMReed.
Welcome to the board and welcome to the SEADOG's.
Mark (Last Tango)
Jacksonville, FL

Fish boy
02-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Tango, dont forget Tidbart, Ranya, and some of the other central Fla folks!!!!! :bonk:

Welcome to the registry Jonesfe. THere are also a lot of other SEADOG events that go on all of the time that are not too far from you. Actually, the last seadog thing wa only last weekend- a run from St. Pete to Sarasota and back (with some food, BSing, and a lot of "boat sodas" from start to finish). THere were about 12 of us there and had a great time.

the Tampa bay area (st. pete, tampa, clearwater, sarasota, bradenton) has a ton of us. If you don't mind hauling your boat a couple of hours, we are always on the water. If you don't want to bring the boat, there is always an empty seat and a full cooler on a number of boats, just drive over and hop on.

Like tango said, keep your eyes out for SEADOGS in posts, and please do not be shy about showing up at a get together, or making one of your own. Most of us are planning on going out on the water every weekend anyway, just looking for a place to go, and people to hook up with.

Fish

Budmann
02-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Welcome. I too would be interested in a central Florida outing. Just let me know when?? :wavey:

florida gator
02-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Is there anywhere in Orlando to do some cruising that also has some lodging. I know I missed the last St Johns trip a few months back but Silver Glenn will be nice soon!!

Budmann
03-01-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm in! ;)

Scott Heidt
03-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Sign me up! Just give me a date!

Last Tango
03-02-2004, 11:25 AM
I think we need to somehow merge this thread with the Mt.Dora thread. Major SEADOG event happening in just a couple weeks, in the Orlando area and I don't want anybody to miss it. :cool: