PDA

View Full Version : What are the draw backs to the blackhawk?

Adam Martini
02-18-2004, 03:13 PM
What are the negitives to the blackhawk 22?

Greg Maier
02-18-2004, 09:23 PM
It isn't as fast as Ted's HP600, Grizz's Criterion, Roadtrips SE, or the MightyMouse !

Lenny
02-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Expensive to fix, parts are scarce, limited prop availability...

More plus's though from a performance point of view. And 22's run 85 out of the box... :D ...with 415HP

ToonaFish
02-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Well, there's that pesky s#!& eating grin that is so hard to control at WOT...

Rootsy
02-18-2004, 09:52 PM
if money is no object my vote is still for jessica leigh :yes:

plus the blackhawk takes soem seat time to be proficient and safe with... but then again jessica might be significantly more dangerous for the inexperienced :eek!:

Greg Maier
02-18-2004, 10:02 PM
ToonaFish,

In a Blackhawk, there is a look on your face at WOT. The only thing is that the face isn't a :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: , it is more like a :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Woodsy
02-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Adam,

The BlackHawk, in my opinion is not the best boat for a person's first high performance boat. It takes alot to master the 22 BlackHawk edition. They don't like to driven at any throttle setting less than WOT, and they tend to porpoise at speeds under that. They are a rock solid 80mph boat, right out of the box. That being said they are a tremendous piece of machinery.

The downside of the blackhawks are parts availability. You detonate the drive your going to be hard pressed to find another one. Most of the internal parts are similar to the Bravo drives, except the vertical shaft, (NLA No Longer Available) from Merc, the cases & props, also NLA. The hardest things to find are the props. They are getting mighty scarce. I know of a few prop shops who would be happy to make you a set, but the cost is astronomical. If you decide to get a BlackHawk, start scrounging parts ASAP.. parts are rare, and only getting harder & harder to find.

You would be better off finding a good late model Classic with Merc power, 454/502 MAG with a bravo setup and expand on that. You can get the same kind of speed, for a similar investment, with no parts or prop headaches..

Just my .02

Woodsy Von Outboard

Lenny
02-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Mr. S.B.,...what are the REAL numbers? The GPS from DONZI quote these and more?...Am I 1-2 mph off or 10? I seem to recall hearing members running early 80's with these?

Enlighten me please... :D

I thought about 83 GPS was a given ???

Dr. Dan
02-19-2004, 06:55 AM
:jestera: Hmmm yet to passed by a BlackHawk....how 'bout a Flyin Snake or Screaming King Cobra?....not yet!

:pimp: Doc

Greg K
02-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Dan
Do you have external steering included in that equation?? :banghead:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/norm/sum-470220_m.jpg

CDMA
02-19-2004, 07:57 AM
Bryant owned one...

Chris

Seeing how long it takes for him to get to my office... :)

Scott Pearson
02-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Lets see...As I recall, only real men drive Blackhawks. Word on the street is they drive woman Crazy! There was one such story not to long ago about a flock of woman following a Lake George Blackhawk owner from Rogers Rock back to Cotton Point........And the woman where undressing them selves all they way through the narrows! That day the Lake George patrol had there hands full picking up the trail of discarded panties and bras that where thrown over board.

Luckily for the Blackhawk owner he radioed ahead for his get away boat to be waiting. Once again this was a close call for all involved. But, this being a Blackhawk owner it comes with the territory.

Legend has it, on warm summer nights when you are idling down the lake in your Blackhawk you can hear the faint screams of naked woman on the passing shores. Sometimes these screams can be mistaken for a sasquatch or a Yeti. But....they are the screams that Blackhawk owners have to endure.

So...One must ask thy self....Is it really worth it??

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
02-19-2004, 09:13 AM
yup!
that's pretty much the way I recall it!!!!! ;) :) :tongue:

Matty
volvo nerd

boxy
02-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Lets see...As I recall, Blachhawk owners usually drive their boats in panties and bras.....

Legend has it, on warm summer nights when you are idling down the lake in your Blackhawk you can see naked woman on the passing shores. These can be mistaken for a sasquatch or a Yeti. But....they are the only naked women Blackhawk owners may ever see....

So...One must ask thy self....Is it really worth it??

(NJ)Scott

Wow, how do you really feel..... :eek:

:jestera:

Scott I'm going to shoot you and Matty an email today..

ToonaFish
02-19-2004, 06:26 PM
On Bad Tat, the look is definitely: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: !