PDA

View Full Version : Criterion II Search

boldts
02-18-2004, 08:50 AM
To any and all Registry members. Due to the Midwest Donzi Club AOTH IV gathering at Lake Cumberland in May, I need to find an owner of a Criterion II. With the interest in making this year's annual gathering a Criterion Reunion, the only model missing to my knowledge is a Criterion II.

If anyone knows the location or an owner's contact information, please forward it to me. Even if the boat is not in water running condition. I'd like to have the boat at the gathering on a trailer if possible. My goal is to have all 3 Criterion models at the Jamestown Resort in KY, May 20th thru the 23rd. It might be the only if not one of the fewest times that every Criterion model has been seen side by side. Help me make it happen for Donzi history.

If the owner can not make the gathering, I'd be willing to do what-ever is necessary to have the boat in attendance. This includes guarding it night and day! Believe me, while these are one of my favorite Donzi classics, there is no under line plan to buy one out from anyone else! I just feel this is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed. :yes:

boldts
02-21-2004, 07:04 PM
So, no Criterion II owners on the board and no one knows a Criterion II owner? Donzi is introducing a 35' & 38' flat deck for the offshore folks. How about the introduction of a 22' flat deck that looks like the Criterion II? How about putting a 575 from the factory in it and call it a Special Edition?

If you all are working in the background to have a Criterion II at AOTH IV, that's cool and I welcome the help! Just let me know about it so I'm not trying to do the same thing you already have in the works. I want to make a Criterion reuion gathering everything it should be and that includes at least one of each model built. :biggrin.:

Brad Lyon
02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Scott,

Maybe the owners of the Criterions are not grasping the full scope of what this could mean! If Donzi is possibly thinking of a new Criterion wouldn’t that make a nice background for their sales literature! All of the current models under way across Lake Cumberland. Wouldn’t that be neat, your very own boat on the cover of the new sales brochure. Boy, if I had one, you could sure bet I would be there.

Brad

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-21-2004, 09:02 PM
I heard the new off shore size line up is going to be awesome, based on some HRPA data from a recent factory tour.
I await.....
And could we just get a list of ALL Donzi Dealers and their websites?
My Google gets tired.....

Sounds like your planning a great gathering as usual Scott B.
Bryan

Ed Donnelly
02-21-2004, 09:23 PM
It looks 99% that I can't make the big gathering...BUT...if there is a Donzi Registry Member willing to pick up a Criterion SS, left steering, custom built for John Chisholm,AND will only be driven by one of 5 people
MadPoodle
Big Grizz
McGary911
Buizilla
OOPS..Scott Pearson

Its in your hands now Scott. Oh by the way,I neglected to mention, I haven't spoken to any of the 5 people listed, as to whether any of them want to take on the responsibility. PS, The reason for just those 5 people is, they are the only 5 people I know with Criterion experience.....Ed

BUIZILLA
02-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Ed.... I'm flattered.

This might be worth cancelling my race trip to Norwalk... hmmm

Is there motor coach camping nearby Jamestown Marina??

J :cool:

McGary911
02-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Like Buz said.......very flattering....thanks Ed. As for me, I am still shopping for a tow vehicle, but just haven't had time to look. If i get there, I'm bringing my boat. I have time off of work, i just never seem to take it. Tow Vehicle + Me = AOTH.....Keep in mind, pearson used to have a C II ....he might make the Criterion experience list as well.

Ed Donnelly
02-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Mia Copa,,,When I posted the list of 4 people,they were owners. The old brain matter was out of gear.. OF COURSE Scott Pearson should have been on the list..God he owned an elusive Criterion 11. A private apology was sent as soon as it was pointed out to me. The post will be edited...Ed

BigGrizzly
02-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Dam it ED YOU and The boat are wanted you have been bowing out for years get with it and come I have a prop I want you to try

smoothie
02-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Ed.... I'm flattered.

This might be worth cancelling my race trip to Norwalk... hmmm

Is there motor coach camping nearby Jamestown Marina??

J :cool:

J,Are you talking about Norwalk Raceway in Ohio? and yes there is a lot of campsites for the taking in jamestown.

BUIZILLA
02-24-2004, 06:26 PM
yes to Norwalk Raceway.

Janice and I went to Jamestown 4 years in a row for vacations with a boat, but I think the last time was in 1995. I visited there 3 or 4 other years after that for just a couple days or so. I'm thinking about borrowing my brothers triple slide coach and winging this trip at the last minute.... tough schedule that month.

J :wavey:

smoothie
02-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Norwalk is a nice drag strip,I take my son for the IHRA world nationals in August.nothing like the nitro top fuels :shocking: :checkered hopefully the wife and I can make Cumberland this year,I have a room just in case.so J what brings you so far north to norwalk raceway?

boldts
03-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Just a little enticement for you Criterion owners to come enjoy the Awakening of the Horses IV gathering at Lake Cumberland in KY. :biggrin:

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/348Big_Griz_AOTH_III.wmv

Brad Lyon
03-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Holy porpoise batman!