PDA

View Full Version : Dealer prices?

wilde313
02-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know the difference between msrp and dealer cost for new classics? Does 30% sound reasonable?
Half-assed looking for a new 22 and would like to know mark-up.
Long-time lurker, first time (kind of) posting.
Thanks,
Chris

Ranman
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I don't know dealer prices exactly, maybe RickS can help there. I'm pretty sure that a new, nicely optioned out 22 Classic with 496 MAG HO and a nice tandem trailer SHOULD run you 42-44K. In my book, that would be a good deal.

RickSE
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Chris,
I sent you an email.

Ranman,
I agree 100%.

Team Hula Girl
02-19-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't know dealer prices exactly, maybe RickS can help there. I'm pretty sure that a new, nicely optioned out 22 Classic with 496 MAG HO and a nice tandem trailer SHOULD run you 42-44K. In my book, that would be a good deal.

If you can get that price for a 22 with that power (HO) and a tandem trailer, I would buy it fast. It probably won't last long. If you could order it with colors and options of your choice at that price instead of taking what the dealer has on the lot, it would be a no brainer.

Just my $.02

J Mitchell

Crazy Horse
02-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Chris, I think this is a very dicey question...I do not think your knowing the wholesale cost without knowing floor planning costs, rents, commissions, bank fees, shipping fees, advertising costs, etc. is helpful. I have purchased two new Classics over the past four years. Asking price meant very little to me. What mattered was what was I willing to pay? I am a retailer of musical instruments with price tags higher then Classics. The customer that comes in and makes a reasonable offer gets the best deal. The customer that comes in and works up off of my wholesale I whack :smash: . Good luck with your search they are great boats.

RickSE
02-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Crazyhorse is correct but there are exceptions. At our dealership we do things to keep the cost down.

No employees or salesmen, when you buy a boat from us you buy it from the owner of the company.

No big showroom or large stock of boats. Donzi doesn't particularly like this concept but I believe they understand that we are helping them sell boats in a place where no other dealer is willing to do business.

No bull sh%$, customer pays 5% over cost for the boat, cost for delivery from FL., cost for trailer, cost for batteries and a dealer prep for use charge to check and run the boat.

We do this only because we love Donzi boats. We try not to step on other dealer’s toes and always try to portray a top-notch image for Donzi.

Do we sell a lot of boats? NO
Do we have fun? YES

John W
02-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know the difference between msrp and dealer cost for new classics? Does 30% sound reasonable?
Half-assed looking for a new 22 and would like to know mark-up.
Long-time lurker, first time (kind of) posting.
Thanks,
Chris

I bought mine from Preferred Power and marine in Fairfield, OH. I shopped around, even checked his price with my local (Annapolis) dealer and PPM was about 6K cheaper.
Actual cost was about 25k, for a 16 classic , prem gelcoat, 2 battery's, depth finder and eagle trailer ahd Fireextinguiser in the engine compartment.
I was at the baltiomore boat show and rechecked the price, with a baltimore dealer and he was around 32K with the same options.
PPM charges 1000.00 over cost for the boat, When i step up to the 22 Classic in a few years i will go back.
JW :yes: