PDA

View Full Version : Globe rubber blue water pump impellers!

Donzi22zx
02-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I just wanted everyone to know about these water pump impellers, if you did not already know about them. The company is Globerubberworks, they make rubber impellers for all makes and models of I/O, O/B, and Deisel marine engines. They are able to run without water for 15 minutes, and have a longer life then factory rubber impellers. They also supposedly make more horsepower then stock( easier for motor to spin impeller). I just wanted to let everyone know. The price is 25.96 for BB chevy I/O. Web site is www.Globerubberworks.com

Donzi22zx
02-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Sorry now I am hearing that they are not as good as stock. Does anyone have any experience with these impellers?

MOP
02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Globe bought out Barco unless they changed something they were great. We had Barcos in our shop pumps can't remeber ever having to change one.

John W
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Globe bought out Barco unless they changed something they were great. We had Barcos in our shop pumps can't remeber ever having to change one.

I was just a commercial watermans show, and saw the rep for thses impellers.
I am going to try them on my Sportfisherman this year, 330 Cummins, I hear they are the bomb.
They are availible from a shop in Gloucester , MA Rose's marine.
Great guys to deal with.
JW

Forrest
02-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I use them in all my marine engines and they do a last long time. I did however, have one fail when it was fairly new last summer. What happened was that the bronze drive bushing came un-bonded from the blue flexible material. No water to my new 383, amigo. :mad: I bought a new one, and after a call to Globe Rubber Works, I sent them the defective impeller and after about a month, they set sent me a replacement. Oh boy. Moral of the story, always keep a spare impeller and gaskets on hand - even if it is a Globe Blue impeller.

Forrest
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Here is a follow-up these pieces of chit. I fired up the Magnum for a little ride in the Gulf over the weekend only to find the my port engine wasn't pumping water. I pulled the cover of my water-pump housing and at first glance, everything looked fine. With that, I pulled the Globe Blue impeller out of the pump housing and and found that its bronze bushing had unbonded from the blue "run dry" material. Well here is the second one that went bad fro tha reason and left me without cooling. I had another still in the box as a spare and I installed it. Good deal it was pumping water again . . . but that one only laster long enough to get me about fifteen miles from the house. Needless to say I'll go back to the stock rubber. The rubber impellers seem to last much longer than the blue crap for me.