PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's in the locks

Scott Pearson
02-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Tought these where some cool pictures of us in the Locks up on Brandy Pond and Long Lake. Kinda cool.

(NJ)Scott

Air 22
02-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Scott....sweet shots...Is that rope/cable your grabbing onto really gonna hold??? :biggrin.: ;) Were is that? I know of a Long Lake but its North-West of Lake George a few hours.. :bonk:
Dwight

mattyboy
02-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Nice pics, the boats look great , nice century there too!
I'm glad to see you didn't tie off, would have looked funny seeing the pumkin hanging by its ropes :P ;) and what did poor Richard do to get stuck riding with you ;) :)

Matty
locks not just for bagels any more!!!

gold-n-rod
02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Yes, a beautiful old Century, indeed. A Coronado, I'd guess.

Were they travelling with you?

If not, what a great convergance of fine old and new plastic. Good karma.

goldnrod

Scott Pearson
02-17-2004, 08:08 PM
They where ropes we have to hold onto and it was just our 2 boats that where together not the century.... :) This was taken in Maine. Just a side note....most people DONT HAVE A CLUE how to go through locks...its scary.
You have to watch all the drunks A-holes when the locks are full.

(NJ)Scott

RedDog
02-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Those barrel backs look great. I haven't been arond them much and can only drool over those pics!

Great scenery too!

Hanker
02-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Killer pics!

Looks like a beautiful place to do some boating.

I hate to show my ignorance, but what is the blue boat?

Scott Pearson
02-18-2004, 07:53 AM
The blue boat is a 1966 14 foot Donzi Baby. As far a boating goes its really a great place. You have Long Lake, Brandy Pond and Sabago Lake. All of this is connected by Locks and rivers.

(NJ)Scott

Fish boy
02-18-2004, 08:31 AM
killer pics, and beautiful boats Scott. Glad to see some of the northern folks getting their boats wet. Was that HP600's new bayliner in one of those pics? LOL

Barry Phillips
02-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Scott were are these lakes located, are they in NY State?

Scott Pearson
02-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Barry,
There in Maine.

(NJ)Scott

CDMA
02-18-2004, 02:14 PM
There is New York too :wink:

Scott Pearson
02-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Happy...I changed it....wise ass! :bawling:

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Scott,
how do you like that, Chris has been busy working in Fla hasn't posted in a while and not even a hello from him he went straight to bustin your balls
:tongue: :wink: I think it is photoshop time!!!! :) ;)

Matty
bring water to a boil then stir up the pot ocassionally hehehehehe

MR MAGOO
02-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Hey Scott,

Great pics of my backyard :wavey:

For those who don't know me, I live a half mile up river from the Songo locks.

The Songo lock is the last remaining of 17 locks that joined the Cumberland Oxford canal over a hundred years ago. Back then you could take a river boat from the ocean in Portland Maine, through the canal and lock system to Sebago lake. across to the Songo river, and the Songo lock to Brandy pond to Long lake and end up in Harrison, Maine. There is close to 60 miles of boating from the top of Long lake to the botttom of Sebago.

Right now the ice is close to 4 feet thick :eek: but spring is just around the corner. Here's a pic of our Top Gun Cigarette at our dock just up from the locks

See you this summer!

Kurt

MR MAGOO
02-19-2004, 06:44 AM
Here is the Songo river queen II steamin' past the house. This is a 100' paddle wheel river boat. During the season, it makes the trip down the Songo through the locks three times a day. The Queen is owned and run by my friend Frank Gerrish, he also built it from scratch back in the 70's

I've tried several time to upload a pic but something is wrong.

Scott Pearson
02-19-2004, 07:40 AM
Kurt,
I knew you would post soon on this thread...Thanks :) . Soooo is that the Cigarette that your neighbors love so much???

Here is a sorta good picture the Songo Queen coming down the river.

(NJ)Scott

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
02-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi Scott. I see from the pics that you guys were using suction cups to hang your boat fenders. How well does that work, and where did you get them?

FR :p

Scott Pearson
02-19-2004, 04:49 PM
They work great for things like that or when its not ruff. I really wouldnt use them where the tide runs in and out. They do fall off sometimes. I do use them on Lake George all the time.

(NJ)Scott

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Scott, as always great pictures. Your boat is just so cool.
That Orange is just so original.
Is that the only Classic painted that color?

Was I the only one to notice two chicks were in the 14', and following Scott? :wink:
Bryan

gcarter
02-20-2004, 08:51 PM
These are really great pictures! I've really enjoyed them.

George

Hanker
02-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I agree, great pics. Great place for a gathering!