PDA

View Full Version : Dash Panels

Grip-it
02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Does anybody know where to get a new custom dash panel? I'd like to design my own but don't have a template. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

mattyboy
02-17-2004, 03:14 PM
{img} insert the pic of pearson's dash panel here {img} :yes:

do a search on dash plates or panels you'll see Scott's

Bertramboy just re did my 16 dash plate and backing outstanding job
should let us know what type boat??? that might help a lil. ;)

Matty

Grip-it
02-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry about that it's an 87' 18 classic.

mattyboy
02-17-2004, 03:44 PM
do a search on dash

try this link there was a ton of nice pics

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2094&highlight=dash

Matty

Eugene Nahemow
02-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Here is the dash that I laid out in Autodcad.I'm having it fabricated for my Donzi 18 project. It is being cut into 1/4" Bronze, and will be brushed nickle plated.
There will be studs welded onto the back so I can fasten it from behind.
I am picking it up in the next day or two and will post a photo.

Dr. Dan
02-17-2004, 05:35 PM
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/nisongerautomarine/dash-panels.html

:umbrella: I am using these folks ...the contact is a gentleman named Woody, have at least your basic information available when you call him, do a gauge count/sketch, measure your existing dash plate, he will fax you a schematic to compare. They can do custom work also, as well as all gauges.

A new dash panel with nothing outlandish is in the ballpark of $225...but it looks like a million...(unless you are Pearson) in which case it looks new and normal! :idea:

Good Luck

Doc :spongebob

Barry Phillips
02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi Doc: Nisonger Marine are good people, the dash shown on there web-site is by Livorsi Marine and was the OEM panel for 1999 to 2002 Classics. Ask Woody about a Livorsi panel that replaces the mid 80s 22 Classics that had the plastic molded dash. It's wider and provides more room for gauges, and switches.

Fish boy
02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
I went to the site and was very impressed. Thought I would attach a pic from their site of the 18c dash. they have other colors, and also a dash for 30ZF. This one lists for $220, but I am guessing that does not include the gauges.

Thanks for the link Doc.

Fish

Dr. Dan
02-18-2004, 06:46 PM
:cistineb: Way I figure...we all want first class equipt. and look in our Donzis' if you have ever seen Pearsons 18, or Richard Weavers Hornet, or Wa-Lo, you are humbled by the fit and professional finish that these owners have put into their persoanal restorations...it's pride in ownership!

I want the same in my little runabout....so I wait 'til I can have what I want...and I always get what I want..... :biggrin: ...always!

:p ...Doc

Speed-Racer
02-18-2004, 07:12 PM
There is also a great company that makes custom fiberglass in any size, shape and color/graphics. It Might be cheaper for all I know, at least you never have to worry about corrosion if scratched etc...

Wishing I would have picked up there brochure.....

Patrik Sweden
02-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I just received my Panel from Nisonger, but as you can see on the picture the Gauge Bezel covers the Donzi logo.. :mad:

Bvinc
02-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I really like the dash from Nisonger. Will that bolt right in place of the original dash. & will/can they furnish all the gauges/bezels for a 1990 22 Classic.

Thanks

Bobby

Dr. Dan
02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I really like the dash from Nisonger. Will that bolt right in place of the original dash. & will/can they furnish all the gauges/bezels for a 1990 22 Classic.
Thanks
Bobby

:smash: Yes, Call Nisongers and ask for Woody! tell him Dr. Dan sent ya...I did my whole retrofit with Steering Wheel and all GPS/Lovorsi Gauges. Do a search under "Preventative Maintenance it's a Blue Pill" and you will see some pics...also check out under the Gallery or Members page, some more pics at our Web Site www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

The 22 Classics had essentially 3 layouts using a "Dash Panel" not including the current singular gauge layouts with no Panel. Woody can fax you all 3 and you can pic the one you want. I did all my switches,fuses, and rocker switches with him also.

I would highly recommend them, give yourself some time, now would be a good time to order.

Any questions shoot me an email or private mail.

Good Luck

Doc :bonk:

Kirk
02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Suggest that you contact Betram Boy....he makes EXACT reproductions of the 18' dash. A thread titled restoration hardware here on donzi.net should help you. Here is the link http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43554

Good Luck and please send pics of your finished dash!

KJ

BERTRAM BOY
02-16-2007, 09:36 PM
We will be adding 2 machining centers to our shop, so we will be able to make custom dash panels of almost any configuration. It will be about a couple of weeks until we are up and running, but in the mean time, I'd love to hear what you guys are looking for.

BERTRAM BOY

BUIZILLA
02-17-2007, 06:58 AM
BB, the dash on my '18 is the black plastic backing, it is very intact, HOWEVER, the fuse/breaker thingy's bother me, look at Ken's 22 dash and come up with a solution, i'm in when you do, everybody of that era needs to replace those. Oh, and I need a spun aluminum faceplate setup, with silver gauges, done for the Cary...

co-conspirator

zimm17
02-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm looking to replace my previous "custom dash" with something a little more space efficient. I like the engine 6-pack, but I can ditch the speedo (I have a gps) and go with a livorsi monster tach, 2 5/8" gauges, and maybe get the breakers to go with the switches.

Do-able?

BUIZILLA
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't think they make 2 7/8 gauges.... :wink:

zimm17
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think they make 2 7/8 gauges.... :wink:

DOH! edited to reflect 2 5/8....

BERTRAM BOY
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm looking to replace my previous "custom dash" with something a little more space efficient. I like the engine 6-pack, but I can ditch the speedo (I have a gps) and go with a livorsi monster tach, 2 5/8" gauges, and maybe get the breakers to go with the switches.

Do-able?

Not a problem.

BUIZILLA
02-19-2007, 02:33 PM
who wants to make a dash for my Cary ??

BERTRAM BOY
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM
who wants to make a dash for my Cary ??

What are you looking for?

Patrik Sweden
02-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I just received my Panel from Nisonger, but as you can see on the picture the Gauge Bezel covers the Donzi logo.. :mad:

Nisonger will ship a new Panel to me (to my US relatives) free of charge.
Thanks!

Good service! :yes:

Newby
02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
What's happening with the first Dash?

Patrik Sweden
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
What's happening with the first Dash?

The Donzi Logo were placed to high, so the Gauge Bezel covered part of it..

Newby
02-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I just looked at their website. Other than the mistake was it what you were looking for?

Patrik Sweden
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I just looked at their website. Other than the mistake was it what you were looking for?

Yeah, it was very nice! Great finnish! Better looking than the original Dash.

Look at the first page in the thread, you can see picture with the gauges

PlumCrazy
02-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Do-able?

Where did you get the labeled switches?

Eugene Nahemow
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Gene - your dash looks like what I've been looking for my dash update - do you have pictures?
Here are some photos of the dash.
http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/PICT0079.JPG
http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/PICT0087.JPG

yeller
02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
WOW :eek!: , Eugene, that is beautiful.
Foot throttle too. I like it. :yes:

Trueser
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
here are my before and after,
I cant find one with the radio.

Bvinc
02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I have dropped off boat at Victory marine w/ Scott. Having silent exhaust installed & some glass work.

Looking for some ideas on dash replacement. Dash has completely been cutout for the dash insert. Is this a Donzi dash factory. Take a look at attachment. I'm looking to replace all of it including steering wheel. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Bobby

zimm17
02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
here are my before and after,
I cant find one with the radio.

WOW!!! How'd you do that? I mean I can hand lay some glass over a plywood plug, but damn- how'd you get the gelcoat so nice? I'd love to re-glass in my entire dash and do the "new donzi" look.

FlyingDutchman76
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Treuser,

W O W ! ! ! Job well done, that looks awesome.......... what a superior finish. I need to find someone who can do that for my 22C.

Trueser
04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Here are the pictures with the radio Installed.