PDA

View Full Version : Holman-Moody back in marine business?

JimG
02-17-2004, 12:48 PM
I just talked to Lee Holman of Holman-Moody... he says "Hello, Donzi folks!"

Super nice guy, very interested in our group of HM-equipped Donzi owners.

Lee hinted at a foray back into the marine industry, some retro parts maybe. He would not tell me much, just that some of the parts us HM guys want may be re-introduced later this year. :biggrin:

They've extra-busy with the GT-40 project, and are just now catching up. Some of the machinery used for the old marine parts is being overhauled now.

If there is anything in particular you'd like to see, I'll pass it on: I'd like to see exhaust manifolds/risers, HM nameplates for Volvo drives and new water y-pipes.

If you've not seen the website, it's full of history. (I think he needs some DONZI pics!) Of course the HM valve-covers are to die for. Good clothing merchandise, too.

www.holmanmoody.com

Craig
02-17-2004, 01:07 PM
That's pretty cool. I've been following the GT-40 progress (as much as reading magazines will allow). I always loved that car.

Has anyone seen the commercial of it? Very Nice!

Saw yesterday they (Ford) has also done a new AC Cobra concept car. Carroll Shelby, of course is involved. Whoa! Said it will be his last Hooorah in the car making biz.

I was sort of sad to see that it's about 0.2 of a second quicker to 60 than the GT-40.

But I may have been comparing the Concept Cobra to the Production GT-40.

Also re: Holman Moody, saw in (I think) Hot Rod Mag. an article that had a guy from Sweden (what's with Sweden lately) who makes a repro of the racing Galaxy 500 XL's from the 60's. No actual mention about HM in the print, but the big "HM" and "Competion Proven" stickers were all over it in 2 or 3 pics as well as a cartoon drawing. Same logos seen under the hatches of many classic Donzi's - as well as a Cobalt I know of.

Neat stuff! If Lee's doing anything, how's about a Classic 18' or 16' with a new HM marinized engine with a new duo-prop Volvo. OOOOoooo!!!!!

It'd have to be a Ford though.

rustnrot
02-17-2004, 02:01 PM
I just called him myself. At $189/pair the aluminum hm valve covers for a 289 are a must. The 4bbl aluminum hm intake at $395, well, let's just say I got to think about it. He says he's got a walk-in store in Charlotte, NC. I will go visit it next time I'm in Charlotte.