PDA

View Full Version : Feb 21st run to Mar Vista - Jr's birthday wish!

Donzigo
02-17-2004, 09:38 AM
So, we are leaving my dock at 11:00AM for a run accross Tampa Bay to the Mar Vista restaurant, to have lunch outside under those wonderful trees there by the water. It's on the north end of Longboat Key in Sarasota beside Moore's stone crab restaurant, which is south of the bridge between Longboat Key & Bradenton Beach. Already going is Donzigo, Donzigo Jr. & Cuda. We sure would like to have some other boats come too. The weather should be in the 70's. Jerry Eisele and his wife & daughter are in Fl. for vacation, and is meeting us at the house to go. David has a few pals going, too. Sure would be great to have some more boats join us for a one hour run accross Tampa Bay to a neat place for lunch.

If you can't come by boat, come by car and meet us there.

11:00 AM - Saturday Feb 21st, Donzigo's dock, South St. Pete, Boca Ciega bay..............home - 727-867-7020, cell - 727-709-2918

Cuda
02-17-2004, 12:31 PM
I just spoke with the mech that's working on my tranny. He says it will be done Friday.

Jerry Eisele
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Cuda,
See you on Sat. Sounds like a great time!!!! :cool!:

Cuda
02-17-2004, 02:25 PM
If for some reason the Formula isn't ready, we'll take the damn fish boat! We'll just need a head start. :)

Team Hula Girl
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Richard, You can count me in. Now if I can only find an outboard motor for this Magnum Missile that's in my yard.

All of the boats in my life right now and not any of them are up and running.

John

Cuda
02-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Richard, You can count me in. Now if I can only find an outboard motor for this Magnum Missile that's in my yard.

All of the boats in my life right now and not any of them are up and running.

John

I know the feeling, except the fish boat is always ready! :)

Donzigo
02-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Cuda,

You remind me of the cobbler's children who never have good shoes to wear.

Tell the truth, you've got the Formula 30, Formula 24, Donzi Minx and God knows what else in the back yard in various states of repair and you ain't got no boat to use.............:-). So, what all do you have n boats?

I'm just funning with ya! The Formula 30 has been running for a long time perfectly. It's just funny how you put it........."only the fish boat runs"!

Cuda
02-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Okay, we got the boat back last night, and are headed out this morning. There will be some other boats headed over too. We are launching from Ft Desoto.

Cuda
02-22-2004, 06:13 AM
My head hurts! :beer:

Donzigo
02-22-2004, 07:55 AM
We all had a great time; and, lived to tell about it.

In attendance:
David :happy_bi: (Donzigo Jr), Erin :eek: , & Cameron :yes: (who is sharing Erin's body, right now)
Gene, Jr's pal from Orlando :spongebob
Cuda :shark: (Joe Griffith) & Debbie :wavey:
yours truly (Donzigo) :biggrin.:
John Mitchell :jestera:
Jodi (Fishboy) :dolphin: & Tammy :shades:
A really nice girl, I think Debbie :smile:
Jerry :kyle: , Diane :boggled: & Elizabeth Eisele :hyper:
Chris Allard :applecomp
Another really nice girl - "Hugs not drugs":rlol:
Mark Albers :cool: , wife, (I think Debbie ;) ) & 2 yr. old son, Alec :stan: ; who says: "Eat my shorts" a lot
Bob :cool: & Ranya (who was in rare form :garfield: )

We had a gret day running through Tampa Bay to Mar Vista, on Longboat Key/ We got there a little late, and a boat club beat us to the tree seating; but, eventualy we sat down for a relaxing fun time, swapping stories & half-truths. The weather was in the 70's and the sun even peeked out from time to time. The run back was on the outside along Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria, outside of Egmont, and on to Passe Grill Pass.

To the Eiseles:Thanks for including us in your Florida vacation, come back soon!

A good time was had by all!

Cuda
02-22-2004, 08:02 AM
We had a good time seeing some old freinds and meeting some new ones. This makes two weekends in a row where we saw CDMA on both sides of Florida. It seems if there is a Donzi there, Chris is there. :)

Cuda
02-22-2004, 08:10 AM
What Donzigo graciously failed to mention is that I am changing my name to "Land Crab". I own six damn boats and had to come by truck! :mad:

We picked up the Formula late Friday evening, so we didn't have time to check anything. We pulled it to Ft Desoto and launched it. I got both engines fired up, then the drive on the side that was worked on wouldn't trim. When I opend the hatch to see if they just knocked a wire loose, I saw water spraying from under the riser. :mad: As I was turning off the engines, I saw a wire hanging down near the front bolster. I followed it and saw where a speaker used to be. Yep, someone stole my speakers, my stereo, and my GPS while it was in the shop at Twin Disc. Not to mention I was already pissed at them because they gave me a $1600 estimate that turned into a $2300 bill. I sure am glad I paid with a credit card, because I'm disputing that payment today.

Cuda
02-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Some pictures, I didn't get very many because the batteries went dead not long after arriving at Mar Vista.

Cuda
02-22-2004, 08:19 AM
There were quite a few boat from our local boat club, the Opba. I had just mentioned we were going there Saturday and was really surprised by the number of boats that showed up. The 30 foot Spectres were in full force. There was also a 38 Zx, that I thought I got pictures of, but apparently they didn't come out.

Cuda
02-22-2004, 08:20 AM
They eye candy wasn't bad either. :)

Donzigo
02-22-2004, 10:12 AM
As Cuda mentioned, his Formula was sick...........dang,when first told everybody he was bringing it, they all made sure they had their cameras. In case you haven't seen an Arneson drive, Cuda's boat is a great example of the awesome looking spray the Arneson produces. :lightning What a ride............(when it's working).

FYI: Mitchell & I figured that the boat club that showed up at Mar Vista brought about 3million in boats, and 50K in silicone. If any of those hotties ever fell flat on their faces, their noses would never touch the ground. (The pictures didn't come up right on the post. Try to repost them without resizing them so small. It was a worthwhile show, for sure.)

Cuda
02-22-2004, 10:34 AM
I had to size them because they were long distance pictures. Some guys take exception to people taking pictures of their ladies. The two girls in the one pic were both beautiful, the pictures didn't do them justice. :)

Cuda
02-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I found I did have a picture of the 38Zx, but it's in the background. I know I took one of Jr's 22, but I guess it didn't come out, my batteries were low and half the time it wasn't taking a picture when I thought it was. That's why I don't have any people pics. :(

Cuda
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
I found a couple more that someone else took.