PDA

View Full Version : More updated Donzi Building pictures.

Scott Pearson
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Here is a few more pictures taken today. Started staining Saturday but it got cold again. Cant wait till this weather breaks....I gotta get moving on this thing. Need to be pouring concrete already :banghead: ! Doors are up...R-16 value. :kyle:

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
02-16-2004, 03:58 PM
looks good
now more paint less posts!!!! :yes:

I'm taking odds who finishes first

Cliff and the 16 or you and the garage!!!

Matty ;)

Digger
02-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Scott, very nice! how wide are the doors?

JimG205
02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Scott- Real nice garage!! Are you going to pour flat or pitch towards a floor drain?? What's on the second floor?Good luck-Jim

Scott Pearson
02-16-2004, 08:11 PM
The 3 doors in front are 10x10 and the rear door is 12x12. As far as pouring the floor on a pitch I'm not sure yet. Its such a large area it will be hard to do and work out right. The 2nd floor....who know? Not really sure yet...I just put it there for something in the future I guess.

(NJ)Scott

mphatc
02-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Scott,

FWIW . . .

My auto shop floor is polished flat concrete, etched and painted with a light light blue epoxy paint,no drains . . if we do anything really wet we use one of the new soft double rubber edge squeegees from ZEP , wipes it dry . . . collect the water with a string mop.

Floor drains . . EPA , all sorts of other liabilities in the future . . IMHO
We use the water and oil absorbant sheets for small spills because they are safe to discard in the trash.

MPHATC

Hanker
02-16-2004, 08:32 PM
The 2nd floor....who know? Not really sure yet...I just put it there for something in the future I guess.

I hope you get along with your mother-in-law..........

olredalert
02-16-2004, 08:40 PM
-------Upstairs is our bunk-house,dont ya know................Bill S

Scott Pearson
02-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Its come along way! What a mess in the begining! 300 Tons of stone later...... :puke:

(NJ)Scott

smoothie
02-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Looks great pearson,I like the second floor overhangs,gives it some added lines,what kind of heat are you going to use? A friend of mine put down special pipe before he poured his floor then hooked up a home gas hot water tank with a circulating pump from Grangers and wa la nice and toasty,and he says it costs about 20 bucks a month to heat,his garage was the size of your 1st floor.just a thought!

Scott Pearson
02-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Smoothie,
Yes its called radiant heat. Thats what I will be putting in. It will have an Oil boiler with its own manifold and circulating pumps.

(NJ)Scott

BERTRAM BOY
02-17-2004, 09:12 PM
I think Scott said something about putting the floor drain on the second floor.........

Ed Donnelly
02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
If you run your in floor through a heat exchanger, then, you can run an air handler for the 2nd floor, and a booster air handler in the garage area.Use Glycol for the whole system, saves the black above ground and the boiler.As you know, the in ground is plastic...Ed