PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a Donzi Hardtop?

Mike Ellison
02-15-2004, 09:43 PM
I have been seriously thinking about producing a removeable hard top for the Donzi Classics. I think it would extend the season, both early spring and last fall, and foul weather. I need your imput to determine if I'm alone in this idea, or if their would be a demand for something like this!!!!

See attached examples:

mattyboy
02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
?????? a hard top donzi classic????
Mike,
you're scarying me :shocking:

Matty

Fish boy
02-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Mike,
I know of at least one other member who was at least "exploring" the possibility (i beleive with a 22c). Hopefully he will chime in with much knowledge than I have.

Last I heard, one of the real difficulties to overcome is that from where a person sits in the boat, the top would have to be really high to be functional. No practical way to make the seats lower, and the lines with the seats as the are would not be real sleak.

Interesting idea though.

Fish

mattyboy
02-15-2004, 10:32 PM
HELLO !!!!! A HARD TOP CLASSIC WHAT IS THIS THE GLASTRON BOARDS???? :rolleyes:
Frankly to have a bat boat even mention in the same sentence as a classic in styling well is insulting ??????????
Never mind I'm just lost!!!!!

Build it they will come!!!!!!

Matt

Mike Ellison
02-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Mattyboy....Did'nt mean to insult the classic styling....I agree I luv the way it looks as is. But, in Oct, Nov, Dec, or until the ice freezes, I figure you could continue to cruise with the help of a Mr. Heater Buddy. If, a top could be designed that did not look totally hidious!! Just a thought......

Lenny
02-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Mike, why not add 2 Volkswagon Gas heaters, turn them on high and point them at your face while driving. That is feasible and doesn't deter from the lines. The hardtop doesn't do it. Not in my mind. Not even a little...at all...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

Mike Ellison
02-15-2004, 11:38 PM
OK I get the picture...BAD Idea!!!! Just a vision.....Evindently a blurred vision.......

Scott Pearson
02-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Thats like putting a windhield on a Panhead Chopper. I havent had the time lately but when I do I will ride when its 19 degrees out. Its all about the wind....just bundel up and enjoy.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
02-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Mike,
I forgot the smiley things, I was kidding alittle with ya but still no hardtops ok! ;)
and I when I saw Scott P. had replied to this I was expecting the exhaust stack candy cane pink flamingo hood scoop palm tree customized classic response?? :p
you dodged a bullet there!!!

Matty

Scott Pearson
02-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Matty,
That whole thing did cross my mind....... :p . That and dock feelers............

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
02-16-2004, 08:58 AM
don't forget the fuzzy dice the pom poms and the bobble head dog!!!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/pimp.gif

Matty

Cuda
02-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I can't even stand the look of a performance boat wth a bimini top, so a hardtop is out of the question! :)

harbormasterextra
02-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I think it is a great idea. Let see some renderings of some ideas that work with the lines of the Donzi Styling.

RedDog
02-16-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm with the Harbormaster - I'd like to see some sketches. I don't know that I would want one, but some sketches could serve as a design concept that could then have its merits debated.

MOP
02-16-2004, 07:15 PM
I have toyed with the idea of a quick soft top, using a small socket on each to plug short S/S stantions in with a sprung fiber glass bow for shape. The top its self would snap at the windshield and tie down at the bottom of the stantions side curtains could be added. My thoughts were directed at the sudden rain storm and a few cold rides. It will be tough to design something that would be functional and have decent lines. But then again look at the Simitar, no it does not stir you mind like a Classic but it is a good looking boat.

Phil

mphatc
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Come on guys . .

suck it up . . . :wink:

ski goggles
hat,
scarf
parka
gloves

and GO!

Woodsy and I would be boating if we didn't ski or snowmobile in the winter . . heck all the Bandits probably would, we'd keep our in fires going with Jagermeister!
if Lake Winni didn't freeze two feet thick . . . :confused:

mphatc

Team Jefe
02-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Woodsy and I would be boating if we didn't ski or snowmobile in the winter . . heck all the Bandits probably would, we'd keep our in fires going with Jagermeister!

Jagermeister...That's what I forgot on my trip to Winni

Cuda
02-19-2004, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=
Jagermeister...That's what I forgot on my trip to Winni[/QUOTE]

Jefe, was that picture taken mid July??? :eek!:

Verdugo
02-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Sounds a littel strange.. but if it is to work you need to consider the overall additional weight it will add! and if it is to heavy and bulky.. Imagine the hassel of on & Off.

Just a thought.

Lowenski
Classic 16