PDA

View Full Version : In Northern N.y.

DON N.
02-13-2004, 01:20 AM
Jan 30 At Lake George N.y. 10 Degrees F. Out , 16 Inches Of Black Ice
About 2:30 P.m. I Caught A 29 Inch Lake Trout On A Ice Sickle (smelt
Shaped Bait Fish) Using A Tipup In Gull Bay 7 Foot Under The Ice. I Only Had 4 Tipup's In And Fished For About 2 Hours. This Was My First Outing This Year. I Cut 10 Inch Holes In The Ice With A Jiffy Power Auger . Nothing A Bull Shark Would Fit Through.

harbormasterextra
02-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Got a picture?

Were you in one of those fishin shacks that are dragged out on the ice? Lets have a look see... for us southerners who have never seen anything like that.

DON N.
02-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I Never Use A Shack On Lake George.some Times On Lake Champlain When Friends Go,we Get A Shanty, I'll Try To Get Pictures, It's Like Small Villages ,a Shanty Comes With Plenty Of Room For Four People A Floor That Has Four Pull Up Pieces For Fishing (usually Jigging)a Gas Heater/combo Cooker That Will Run All Night On A Propane Tank , For Comfort. One Of The Things I Noticed In The June Donzi Dustoffs Was The Amount Of Pollen That Was Coming Off The Trees And Floating On The Lake , When You Watch How The Pollen Flows On Top Of The Lake From South To North Into The Lachute. I Try To Remember Where This Flow Is Because I Believe This Current Will Also Mark The Thinnest Ice In The Winter.when Your Out On The Ice In Your Truck You Try To Remember These Things.

Team Jefe
02-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Fishin' through Ice........huh?

Man, And I thought I was a hardcore fisherman