PDA

View Full Version : Factory Restorations

1996Z15
02-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Do you think that Donzi would ever entertain the idea of performing "factory" restorations on older Donzi's? I think Ferrari and Porsche does that with their cars and I think it would be really awesome if you could have your old Corsican or Hornet restored back to new by the factory that built it originally.
I know Donzi probably has enough business without having to get involved in this niche market but, you have to admit it would be cool.

Speed-Racer
02-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Yea it'd be cool, but it'd probably be to much for DONZI to take on. Think about all the specialty parts and pieces they'd need, along with having to deal with "picky" customers on how they want it.

Just my 2 centz.

Mr X
02-06-2004, 06:12 PM
I would be very cool, but it will NEVER HAPPEN.

Speed-Racer
02-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the board HP600SC!......

Mr X
02-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks Speedy,
I hope to one day own a boat......
I am saving up for a Bayliner at the moment. :bonk:

farmer tx
02-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Welcome HP600. Maybe we could start a pool to help you with your first boat, kind of like Hyper D. :cool: :cool:

Mr X
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
WOW, you guys are great!! Maybe I can be boating soon!!

:boat:

Team Hula Girl
02-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Welcome HP600. Maybe we could start a pool to help you with your first boat, kind of like Hyper D. :cool: :cool:

Hey Ted, I will give you $100 for that old saltwater damaged loud blue colored motor if you still have it around. That should get you started to realizing the bayliner of your dreams.

Let me know if you need a dock to run into when you get that Bayliner also.

:jestera: :boat:

John

Mr X
02-06-2004, 08:52 PM
John,
this is too good to be true!! I thouhgt my ultimate Bayliner dream was years away........and now I have tears of joy in my eyes!! Pinch me ....I must be dreaming!! :crossfing

Donzigo
02-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Ted, my buddy's got a Bayliner in his back yard, somewhere in Gulfport. I spoke to him tonight; and, he said if you wanted to chase them two old hound dogs, that use it for a doghouse, outta the boat, he'd be willing to part with it for say $100. So, if you sell that old motor to Mitchell, you've got your dream, sport!

Fish boy
02-07-2004, 05:44 AM
originally posted by hp600sc:

I would be very cool, but it will NEVER HAPPEN.

Ted, don't be so hard on yourself, we think you are cool. :rlol:

You are well on your way with your quest to join the bayliner ranks. Just remember not to take your bayliner in water deeper than 5ft in case you have to walk home :wink:

j

roadtrip se
02-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Ted,

When you get that Bayliner, I will help you launch it for the first time, because we don't want any more of those bayliner floating on the trailer stories, do we? THAT, wouldn't be cool.

Todd
"Off to look at Bayliners for Ted at the Detroit Boat Show today!"

Barry Phillips
02-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Donzi wants to sell new boats not restore old ones, just business. I still would like to see the factory launch a larger hull in the classic style. A 29' version of the ZR would keep more people in the Donzi family when looking for an upgrade to there 22s. Even Baja offers a more traditional style hull, the Outlaw series to there customers. I know guys who have given up there 22s to get into a larger tradional style performance boat, that Donzi dose not currently offer in the ZX line. OO7 could be a good place to start.

Donzigo
02-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Ted, I know you'll be looking for a reliable tow vehicle for your new Bayliner dream boat. I think I've found just the vehicle for ya, guy............you'll be the envy of everyone who sees you at the boat ramp, for sure.

Mr X
02-08-2004, 07:07 AM
You guys are all so helpfull!!! I am wearing my orange K-mart life jacket as I type this post in anticipation of boating in my 1982 BayLiner Bowrider within the next 2 years!!! That new tow vehicle sure looks primo!!!
Feel the LUV!!! I am having a hard time typing with the tears welling up..........

boxy
02-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Ted, I think I found your boat, it's a little newer than what you were looking for, it's a little pricey, and it is all the way across the Atlantic :england: , but look on the plus side, it is already set up for that new Single Out Board race class...
Bayliner Race Boat (http://osprey.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/OSP145?xreferer=1)

harbormasterextra
02-08-2004, 09:00 AM
You guuuyyyzzzz.

Speed Racer they are jerking your chain. HP600 (Ted) has been here a long time. (maybe a little too long as you can tell from the emails.)

gold-n-rod
02-08-2004, 09:06 AM
I see only one problem with the tow vehicle. Since it lacks a back flap or similar protective device, should that donkey need to move its bowels while towing, the mess would fly back and get all over the........ oh, I get it.......

never mind!!!! :redface:

goldnrod

Donzigo
02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
..............uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that would be an OXE,not a DONKEY. Please don't insult HP600SC, he's getting the tow package heavy-load OXE edition. Donkey are only used in the "soccer mom edition" of this vehicle.

Where are you from in Michgan, anyway? Any farm animals around? :-)

gold-n-rod
02-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Upon closer inspection, I now see it's the heavy duty, 3/4 ton ox model..... not the light duty, 1/2 ton donkey (ass) model. Silly me!!

Here in East Lansing, we have lots of cows, pigs, chickens, donkeys and probably some oxen, too! All of the asses, however, are congregated just to the southeast of here......... in Ann Arbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Green! Go White!

goldnrod

Last Tango
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Wow! I wonder if there is a Bayliner P27 Registry. Man, I am going to check that out! I had no idea such cool boats even existed. And I can bring it back from Norway for only about $35,000 in shipping and graft. Ted, I'm going to get this one before you! I wonder if twin 575Sc's will fit. Then I could be your little brother!

CrackerJack
02-09-2004, 01:43 PM
HP600sc,

I think you may need to be looking at a different boat. I have a picture of a
guy we met and his boat (triumph). Maybe something you would be interested in?

Mr X
02-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Jack,
ultimately yes a Triumph would be my long term goal........but I hear it takes years to master the skill of driving one of those :toiletpap ....

I am trying to keep my goal realistic so I am not disapointed.

Team Hula Girl
02-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Jack,
ultimately yes a Triumph would be my long term goal........but I hear it takes years to master the skill of driving one of those :toiletpap ....

I am trying to keep my goal realistic so I am not disapointed.

C'mon Ted........realistic??????? We all know you better than that. :beer:

John

Fish boy
02-10-2004, 06:25 AM
Definately 2 thumbs up on the bayliner race boat... Can you tell I am still hoping another member will get a boat slower than mine???

Golden Rod- never really followed the Michigan/Mich State rivalry, but can definately appreciate a quality diss when I read it!!!

All of the asses, however, are congregated just to the southeast of here......... in Ann Arbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jestera:

Fish

Rootsy
02-10-2004, 07:08 AM
I'll agree with that U of M dis gold-n-rod ;)... GO STATE!!!... besides my sister is a state alumni :)

Root