PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Graphics?

DonziNUTS
02-04-2004, 08:11 AM
I am looking for Donzi logos that I can enlarge from a jpg or bitmap. I am looking to do a halogram on the top deck of the 16'. I seen this on a Cigarette down in the Keys it was awesome. Has anyone seen this before? I think I can go about like doing ghost flames! The one thing that was special about the cigarette is that it had "rainbow" flakes, so when you looked at it a certain way they would dissappear!

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mike

KRAVEN
02-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I inquired about having my center stripe done in color change paint when my 18 scorpion was being built in 2001.They wanted $5,000.00 to paint it. :eek: I could not justify the added cost after paying $48,000 for the boat and trailer.

Rootsy
02-04-2004, 10:46 AM
I inquired about having my center stripe done in color change paint when my 18 scorpion was being built in 2001.They wanted $5,000.00 to paint it. :eek: I could not justify the added cost after paying $48,000 for the boat and trailer.

ahhh the harlequins... the basecoat (colorcoat) is super concentrated and sells for about 38 bucks an ounce (volumetic) - (4800 +/- per gallon)... it takes a lot less than a gallon to spray the stripe, reduced 1:1, and you have to add the cost of clearcoat and catalyst, primer, supplies, wetsanding, buffing, etc, on top of that... there are a number of shades out there now.. something like a dozen different combinations... bi and tri flop...

mr pearson would be the resident expert on this one i think.. i only know enough to get myself into trouble ;)