PDA

View Full Version : SBC Exhaust ??

Zinger
02-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have any pro's or con's on GLM exhaust sytems I believe they are made my Dennis Moore. Any info would be appreciated Thanks Jeff

Rootsy
02-03-2004, 07:50 PM
marketed by dennis yes.. manufactured, no... i've looked at most of em out there... SM, imco, emi, gil, glm... i still have iron mercs... BUT for the price... you can't go wrong plus you will save some weight. (spell that 100 lbs).. as for actual HP / torque gains... well i don't know... no one has shown me any hard numbers... now a boating mag DID do a test... straight swap at the ramp on the same day.. stock motor... picked up something like 2 mph... for what that is worth

If funds permit.. i may pick up a pair to play with this spring.. i have a few ideas to help em out a bit more... they do seperate the runners more than the stock merc iron manifolds do but i feel i can improve on this...

but as i said.. for the price... compared to the other aftermarkets... can't go wrong... just to get rid of the iron stuff

ok someone blow some holes in this LOL

OR dump out some actual dyno comparisons for the sbc... i am ALL ears on that one! :)

Root - still skeptical

smoothie
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Check these out,get two sets for 2k if Im reading it right,may need some adapters,and clearance,but worth a look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457592524&category=31285

Cuda
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
The GLM's that I bought are cast iron, so I won't gain any weight advantage. I just heard they brought them out in aluminum too.

olemissalum
02-04-2004, 05:13 AM
www.RevolutionMarine.com Revolution Marine are supposed to be coming out with a set for SBC's, for the pricwe they are hard to beat!

Rootsy
02-04-2004, 07:13 AM
you sure bout that potless?

seems the article i remember was done by dennis moore with a swap between the stock merc and the glm setup... but i may be wrong... :rolleyes:

hmmmm maybe some mouseworks for the spring ;)