PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Gallery Software testers needed

harbormasterextra
02-02-2004, 11:34 PM
I finally got the PhotoPost software working.
It seems that I had to internally make some code changes (after 3 weeks of banging my head against a wall trying to get it to work.)

It is at http:www.donzi.net/photopost/index.php

I will eventually integrate it with the board page. It already recognizes your ID because it uses the same user database as the board.

I could use some suggestions on categories. I thought creating galleries for all the events. Then you folks could upload them. it automatically creates thumbnails for you.

Try it out and above all Have fun!

Scot V

Digger
02-03-2004, 05:38 AM
cool! looks pretty user friendly too! nice job!

boxy
02-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Scot, it seems to be working great. It is a very user friendly platform. If you need any help with the admin/approval process let me know.

ToonaFish
02-03-2004, 07:41 AM
More new toys! This is better than Christmas!

harbormasterextra
02-03-2004, 07:54 AM
I have eliminated the approval process. We are all grownups here.

I have started adding galleries for 2003's past events. I need folks to start uploading photos for these events so we can start populating this thing. If you need a folder created for a different event post it here. I know there are some that I have not put in. When posting photos, try to put a caption in if possible.

Greg K
02-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey Scot,
Looks good and great job.
Just a couple others you might want to add.
AOTH
Eufaula
Seadogs

Thanks

harbormasterextra
02-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Ok I have added those. If you need folders added for previous years let me know.

boxy
02-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Scot, the Event section looks great.
FYI - the Sound of Thunder is what FrankC named the 1000 Islands run, if we could keep the Sound of Thunder gallery, and lose the 1000 Islands gallery that would be great.
Thanks

PS: is there a way to move the 3 pics in my gallery to the Sound of Thunder gallery ??

Fish boy
02-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Scot,\this may have already been fixed, but when I tried to post a couple of pics this morning, I showed up as unregistered. I went back to the login, and I saw welcome fish boy and was still logged in. I looked for the pics I posted and both of them are in the unregistered section (one caption is "3" and the other in "1987 f23...".

Did I miss a login to the posting page somewhere?

Fish

PS: this gallery section totally ROCKS!!! Thank you for all your hard work, and making the sit more incredible each day. :biggrin.:

harbormasterextra
02-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Fish boy

The board and photopost share the same user database.
There were some probs this morning that I solved. Unregstered folks should not be able to post. Let me know if this is still the case. I will delete your galleries and you can repost them under you name.

Fish boy
02-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks Harbormaster I appreciate it.

Fish

Fish boy
02-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Figured out why I kee getting unregistered when I comment on other's pics, or try tp post myself. Next to the upload button, there is a login button. Have to login even if already logged in to the donzi site (same as before). All good.

Sorry to bother you Scot with my less than sharp computer skills.

Fish

harbormasterextra
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
try your login name as "Fish Boy" and then your regular password.

Fish boy
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
thanks Scot, I think we were typing at the same time. Sorry.

Fish

boldts
02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Scot, adding pics tonight, I accidently posted a set of pics twice. I tried to delete them, but got a not able to do that message. Any way to set it so the same picture name can't be duplicated when uploading? Just a thought. If I'm the user who uploaded the picture, don't I have editing rights just like I would with a message post on the Registry? Sorry, didn't mean to screw up already.

Rootsy
02-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Scott,

could you increase the upload time out? it is at 120 seconds and from dialup that just isn't quite long enough even for a 150K photo...

OTHERWISE... i tried it from work earlier... I think it is the cat's meow :)

cripe i feel like such a pain in the butt... and a broken record :(

I apologize, i know you have ENOUGH to do as it is...

Jamie

harbormasterextra
02-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Scot, adding pics tonight, I accidently posted a set of pics twice. I tried to delete them, but got a not able to do that message. Any way to set it so the same picture name can't be duplicated when uploading? Just a thought. If I'm the user who uploaded the picture, don't I have editing rights just like I would with a message post on the Registry? Sorry, didn't mean to screw up already.

Try to delete them again Scott. I turned that feature on.

boldts
02-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Thank-you Scot! Worked like a charm. Could you add an AOTH II folder for me. Found a few of those pictures last night also.

Filing system challenged, but getting better :)

mattyboy
02-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Scot,
OUTSTANDING!!! :biggrin.:

harbormasterextra
02-04-2004, 03:31 PM
OK Scott its done

Rootsy
02-06-2004, 02:20 PM
M.A.D.C.O.W folder whenever ya have the chance maybe? i know we have a lot of photos from st. clair and such...