PDA

View Full Version : Ranman takes a spill

Donzi Jenn
02-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Hello, Donzi friends.

During a snowmobiling trip today, Randy took a nasty spill. He is currently in the hospital under observation for a lacerated spleen, in addition to several bumps, scrapes and bruises. Nothing life threatening at this point, but nonetheless, serious.

He will be kept in the hospital for another couple of days. On the bright side, he has been placed in a room with a flat screen television and full access to the internet. (He already made me log on to donzi.net to assure that he could access the site)

The reason for my placing this post is that I know how much he values the friendships that he has made through this forum and I thought that any extra prayers and kind words that you folks could have to say may brighten his days up a little bit. One of the only smiles that I saw on him all day was when he realized that he could read the donzi board from his bed. (that, and when they gave him that nice big shot of morphine)

Will keep in touch! xo, Donzi Jenn

Brad Lyon
02-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you! If there is anything Kim or I can do please feel free to let us know.

Brad

rickrsbro
02-01-2004, 09:08 PM
a flat screen AND morphine.............AND web access. hell, you would have to drag me out of there. :cool:

i though you where a good driver?

Shanghied Again
02-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Jenn, Give him my best and tell him thats why I hybernate in the WINTER.
Our prayers are with him get better soon

Fish boy
02-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Get well soon, you are in may prayers bro.

Fish

Mike Ellison
02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Hope you have a quick recovery Randy!! A few days in the sun does sound like good theraphy.....

Hopefully the nurse's live up to the Donzi Girl standards.

Best,

ToonaFish
02-01-2004, 09:19 PM
If he'd been wearing Kevlar, this wouldn't have happened...

Tell the big goof to get well soon... but, quick, while he's zonked on the morph drip, you need to snap some pics for the Girl's Section. :eek!:

Bunches,

Celene "wondering what she'll break in Park City?"

bverd
02-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Dude... take care and get well soon. I am with Poodle, S.Florida sounds like the cure.

--bverd

Tony
02-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Randy,

Thoughts and prayers coming your way from the west side of Michigan.

Spleen Function

The primary filtering element for the blood. (seives out hops and yeast chunks)
Acts as a filter against foreign organisms that infect the bloodstream. (seperates Schlitz and Old Milwaukee)
The site of red blood cell and platelet storage. (Bud cans are red, right?)
Filters out old red blood cells from the bloodstream and recycles them. (Yeah, Michigan recycles their beer cans!)

Get well soon, Randy...hopefully in time for the next Kid Rock concert!

slick
02-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey big guy, sorry to hear about your yard sale, hope your feel better very soon, see you at Cumberland for some hydro therapy. :biggrin.: :D

boxy
02-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Randy, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself in the meantime, summer's coming up quick.

PS was it the drag sled, or a trail sled...

John W
02-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Get well soon!! I guess those damn things are fast.
JW & Susie :eek!:

harbormasterextra
02-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Randy,

Please be careful on those things.....

mattyboy
02-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Randy ,
get well soon!

flat screen and internet ?? some health care out there !!

Matty

olredalert
02-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Randy,

------Sorry to hear of your spill. Get well quick,will ya? If nothing else it sounds like you have your present surroundings figured out just about right!........Bill S

Lenny
02-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Randy, take care and get well soon. Sorry to hear of this. Hope you saw the Superbowl...Best wishes, Lenny and Deneen...

Trueser
02-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey Randy,

Get well soon! I still owe you a cd with all the pics from AOTH III.

Anyway rest well and take care.

Mike

Sam
02-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Flat screen TV...................what no sponge bath. I hope your luck is better than mine. The last time I got a sponge bath she was 250 lbs and had arms like Bigfoot. Take care buddy, call me if you can.

Sam

Digger
02-02-2004, 05:05 AM
damn Randy be careful on those things. Glad to hear you were not hurt worse, I suppose it could have been really awful but the Gods were with you. Enjoy the morphine and TV. We'll be wishing you a speedy recovery!

Will you have any cool scars?

mphatc
02-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Randy,
Get well soon! Summer is coming! :smileybo:

mphatc

Rootsy
02-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Get yourself all fixed up big guy... looks like you'll be "roughing" it for a few days.. i surely hope you can manage... ;)

i've seen the bite that a sled can put on ya when you least expect it... i have some real horror stories.. we're all thankful this is minor...

Dr. Dan
02-02-2004, 07:27 AM
:cool!: Randy....... Liz and I wish you a quick recovery....did ya at least win the race, or was this just a "random wreck?" Be Well, enjoy the drugs... :p

Doc

RickR
02-02-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm with Poodle too.
A recovery in SOUTH Fla is the way to go. :biggrin.:
GET WELL SOON!

Tom Davis
02-02-2004, 07:49 AM
:frown: Sorry to hear about your crash, best wishes for a high speed recovery......

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

Donzi Jenn
02-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Believe it or not, Doc, it was just a "random wreck"!

Well, Randy made it through the night with all of his organs intact. He said that they've been doing some blood work and that they're having to watch a fluctuation that he is having in his hemoglobin levels, in hopes of no internal bleeding. The hospital will also be running another CAT scan today. We can only pray for the best.

I thought that you'd be interested to know that Randy already checked the board and was very moved by all of the messages. I'm on my way out the door to see him now, so I"ll be sure to also pass on all of the personal messages that I've received for him. Thank you all so much for your support!!!

xo Donzi Jenn

ITTLFLI
02-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Randy....Get Well soon buddy!!!

DAULEY
02-02-2004, 08:26 AM
sorry to hear about the mishap hope you feel better and have a safe and fast recovery
good luck bob

Doug G
02-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Randy...Feel better soon. Our prayers are with you.

Doug & Jerry

Cuda
02-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Hopes for a speedy recovery. Keep us updated on his condition.

tamburello
02-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Randy, sorry to hear about your getting banged up on your sled. It's never fun when our toys bite back. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we're hoping for a speedy recovery. Even with morphine hospitals aren't fun, but a flat screen and an internet hookup sure helps.

They say laughter is the best medicine, so here's my crappy snowmobile joke:

A man walks into a snowmobile dealer with his 8 year old son. They happen to walk by the snowmobile display, and the boy asks, "What are these, Dad?"(carbs)
To which the man matter-of -factly replies, "Those are called Carburators, son.....Men use them to go fast!

"Oh, I see," replied the boy pensively.

He looks over the display and and points to a snowmobile with 2 carbs and asks, "Why are there 2 in this snowmobile?"

The Dad replies, "Those are for high school boys. One for speed and one for reliability."
"Cool, says the boy. He notices a snowmobile with 3 carbs and asks, "Then who are these for?"

"Those are for grown-up men." the Dad answers, "One for reliability and 2 for speed!"
"WOW!" exclaimed the boy, "then who uses THESE?" he asks, pointing at snowmobile with bicycle pedals where the engine should be.

With a sigh, the Dad replied, "That's the new snowmobile that Jenn bought for Randy."

Pretty bad huh, anyhow get well soon.

- Jeff

Walt. H.
02-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Randy,

Hope you'll be up and running again soon! :wink:

This photo that i'll post if it get on, might be an alternative form of snowmobiling.

Best wishes,

Walt

roadtrip se
02-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Move slow for awhile Randy, summer is coming, and I don't think that spleen has anything to do with filtering adrenaline.

Call me if I can help out in any way.

Todd

gcarter
02-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I wish you well Randy...But
"What is a 'snow mobile'? " asks George in sunny Florida!!!

George Carter :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

goatee
02-02-2004, 11:08 AM
spleen? we dont need no spleen!.....we dont need no stinking spleen!!!
get well soon man.. this is a good exuse to just stare at mike ellison avatar all day. i cant, i have to go to work now. seriously, hope everything works out ok, and you know you can call on me for anything.

RedDog
02-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Get well soon Randy and stay off of those snow machines. There is just something unnatural with them.

With flat screen, internet, pain killers, and Donzi Jenn to nurse you I just can't feel too sorry... :wink:

mjpcowboy
02-02-2004, 11:38 AM
One more reason to hate the snow. Wishing you a speedy recovery!! :)

McGary911
02-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Randy,
Hope the healing goes smoothly. I'd rather break something than deal with internal stuff. At least you can look a broken limb, and you know what the deal is. Internal stuff is a bit more mysterious. Glad the hospital is treating you right. Good luck, and I hope you're ready for the spring!!

Ranman
02-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello from Evil Knievel! Whoever said I'm an excellent driver may have had a slight misjudgement.

First, I just want to say that words cannot express how touched I am by all your responses and well wishes. It really makes you feel good to know people are thinking of you. I'm very fortunate to have such a great group of friends.

So, the flat screen and net access kick ass. I am now on a regular diet and feeling much better than yesterday. I'm still pretty banged up though.

The doc says I tore a "ligament" that connects my spleen to my colon which has caused some minor bleeding. They are monitoring my blood and if all goes well, I'll get to go home tomorrow. I will still be on bed resf for a week or so though. With a little TLC I'l' be back to 100% by boating season.

Anyway, I really appreciate the overwhelming response here. You guys (and girls) have really brightened my day. Hope to see you all soon.

Randy

P.S. Kevlar wouldn't have helped this time... :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

chucknoonan
02-02-2004, 02:37 PM
What, did you take driving lessons from Ozzy?

Seriously get better soon!

GEOO
02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Randy, Get well soon. The snow is starting to melt. :) It's 35 degrees today!!!

HyperDonzi
02-02-2004, 02:56 PM
P.S. Kevlar wouldn't have helped this time...

LOL!!!!

Heal up soon, only 6 weeks of winter left. :D

boldts
02-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Randy,
I'm so glad to read your recovering. Got to admit, Jenn, a flat screen and Internet connection sounds great, but I'm sure you'd rather be at home recovering. Hospitals just don't have that down home feeling even with all your friends and family there.

Beth, Allison and I will keep you and Jenn in our prayers. Best Wishes!

Sagbay32
02-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Randy,
It is good to see that you are well enough to post! I hope you get better soon, (sending out prayers for a speedy recovery).

You weren't running on White Lake when it happened were you?

Mike

Ranman
02-02-2004, 05:28 PM
White Lake it was. I'm currently at Huron Valley Hospital in Commerce (bored out of my m8nd).

I was only out there for 1/2 an hour before the accident. I crashed warming the sled up and never got to race. :frown:

ToonaFish
02-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Hmmh, how to get Randy to leave the luxurious Huron Valley Hospital?

Quick guys, let's swap his drive for a Volvo!

Bunches,

Celene 'wanting a photo of Randy modeling a Kevlar hospital gown'

catch 22
02-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Randy, sorry to hear about your accident. Our prayers are with you. Are you sure the Abominable Snow Monster didn't have something to do with it? :D Seriously get well soon.

Hotboat
02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Speedy recovery, Randy. I wish you the best.

Crazy Horse
02-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Rain Man, So sorry to hear about your wipe out. Well you never take the time to slow down so maybe a rest will do you good. Hope to hear that you are fully recovered soon. Take care.
Horse (& Trish)

EricG
02-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Glad to hear things are improving for you already Randy....Get well soon!

EG

Barry Phillips
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Ranman I thought you were a good driver, better stick with Donzis and stay off your sled, feel better. Spring will soon be here. :rolleyes:

mattyboy
02-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Ok Randy I'm glad your gonna be ok, that's great news ,
and I didn't want to make you laugh cause it might hurt,
but I gotta know did you go thru the windshield on the sled?? :eek: :biggrin.: ;) get well soon , take it easy
and don't drive Jenn nutz!!!!!

Matty

Woodsy
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Geez DUDE! I don't log in a for a couple of days due to SuperBowl Euphoria, and I come back to this... What the heck happened? Princess & I are VERY glad to hear you'll be allright... If you or Jenn need anything, ping me an e-mail....

Speedy Recovery!

Woodsy Von Outboard... soon to be master of the Dark Side!

Team Hula Girl
02-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Ranman, Get well soon. Should we all pitch in and get you a set of training wheels for the sled???? Just Kidding. ;) Make sure you keep those nurses inline.

John

Jerry Eisele
02-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Randy, Glad to see your on the mend. Listen to the Doc., we want you up and in full go for the AOTH :cool!: !!!

riverrat
02-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Randy, this story wasn't nearly as good as the being hung on the front of the boat by your nads in the super suit.. :biggrin.:

best wishes on a speedy recovery.

the rat!!

Ed Donnelly
02-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Randy; You crash on the 1st. My computer crashes on the 1st.
Must be an Omen.Glad to hear you are mending....Ed

Doug L.
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
:shocking: Spleens :shocking:
We dont need spleens :)
Get well soon big buddy
Doug :umbrella:

KRAVEN
02-03-2004, 09:22 PM
:jestera: Get well soon.We know Jenn is taking great care of you.
Bill and Liz

Donzi Jenn
02-04-2004, 08:18 AM
I just wanted to post a quick update. Randy is at home today. The surgeon sent him home late last night. He is getting around, slowly, and still in quite a bit of pain but we couldn't be happier to have him home! I'm sure that he will be out on the board some time today, posting to all of his Donzi pals! Thank you all, so much, for your kind wishes and prayers.

xo Donzi Jenn

Steven Cohn
02-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Home? Does that mean no more flat screen TV, meals in bed, sponge baths, room service, ... A health plan like yours for everyone. Rest well and God's speed to ya'.

Digger
02-04-2004, 08:47 AM
cool! great to hear he is home! If you make him meatloaf don't forget the red sauce! :wink:
:flag-mari

Donzi Jenn
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone. Like DJ said, I am now home. They just about had to drag me out of there though. :biggrin: Actually, it feels good to be home. I seem to be recovering quickly as each day is getting easier, but I'm still very sore and moving slowly. Another few days and I should good to go.

I just want to say one more time that all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes really helped to brighten my spirits. You don't realize the effect and power of each of those comments until they're addressed to you. Thanks again to everyone who wrote or called, you made my day.

See you on the water,

Randy

Verdugo
02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear your doing better. Get well soon spring is comming up very quickly!!!!

Lowenski

Darrell
02-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Randy

Glad to hear you are doing better, hope everything goes well with your recovery. :superman:

Darrell & Janet

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Wow, day late and a dollar short on this thread.
Glad your doing better Randy. Body armor maybe needed for next time!
Isn't it nice to have a loving bride.

Get well soon. You two take care.
Bryan & Nancy

BigGrizzly
02-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Get better I need you for ballast when I tale Rootsy for a ride in the Criterion at Cumberland. We need sombody big ,because with my fat body and light Rootsy the boat wil list. Get better and get into a safer hobby like racing motorcycles.

Ranman
02-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Randy,

When it comes to the Criterion, if you got a seat, I've got an ass. :biggrin: :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing you again in Kentucky this year.

As a side note and small update, I am getting better every day. I was actually able to make it to the Detroit Boat SHow today, though it took it's toll on me cause I'm whipped. Life will hopefully get back to normal for me soon.

Rootsy
02-07-2004, 09:19 PM
GOOD to hear you are getting better randy... did you get my email?

Griz,

i am awaiting anxiously the ride in the crit! i have a short video clip of her from cumberland last year... eventually i'll get em uploaded for all to see.

Root

AVickers
02-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Just got back from a bidness trip. Sorry to hear you were stoved up and glad to hear you're home.

Get well quick!

MOP
02-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Sorry to hear the Aquafirmer got you! But very glad your up and moaning and ready to get wet again :smileybo: :alligator

DON N.
02-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Glad Your Okay ! Plus I Always Enjoy Your Posts. I Guess If You Don't Get Ruffed Up Once In Awhile Your Not Having Fun.

J&K SHAHBAS
02-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Kathy Shelby and I are glad to hear that everything is on the mend!!
:wavey: