PDA

View Full Version : Posting a new Avatar?

Walt. H.
02-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Can we post a personal picture for our avatar? or is it only from the 28 page inventory that we can use for those wanting to try one now for the first time.

Last week I could, this week I can't find the correct way. Has it changed?

Walt

Walt. H.
02-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Can someone help, Does anyone know?

RedDog
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Last week I could, this week I can't find the correct way. Has it changed?

Walt

I think I can answer your question - it has changed. Beyond that, I'm no help.

The ability to change the text for "member status" has also slipped away....

Walt. H.
02-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks R.D.

I thought it might be just me. Still missing the old system we had here.

harbormasterextra
02-04-2004, 03:34 PM
WALT
EVERYONE needs to go to the "User CP" link near the top of the page and familiarize themselves with how everything works in there. This software has much more functionality than you EVER had with the old one. There is something in there called: "EDIT AVATAR"

:banghead:

CrackerJack
02-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I must be missing something. My Avatar is gone and don't see where to upload a new one and is not in the standard list of Avatars.

Lenny
02-04-2004, 05:31 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/air.jpg

It is right here but it is too big I believe. 50 x 50 is the max last time I looked.

penbroke
02-04-2004, 07:42 PM
WALT
EVERYONE needs to go to the "User CP" link near the top of the page and familiarize themselves with how everything works in there. This software has much more functionality than you EVER had with the old one. There is something in there called: "EDIT AVATAR"

:banghead:

I just spent a fair amount of time in EDIT AVATAR and there is no option on my end other than the pre-defined avatars (or no avatar). The option to change the Registered User status is missing as well. Are there still different skins? If so maybe not all options are available with all skins?? It seemed like the limey green skin presented more options in the USER CP. The option to change skins is gone as well.

I am NOT complaining. Just trying to help. From the sound of some of the comments made in this and other threads is seems like we are not all seeing the same thing on our end of the wire?? (What color is the sky in your world?)

Thanks for the massive effort. I don't know how you find the time.
Frank

Lenny
02-04-2004, 08:26 PM
I can't figure out the edit avatar either.

The photos need to end up here somehow...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/avatars

How you get them to go there I can't figure out.

Also, before the avatar could not exceed 50 x 50 pixels so most EVERYONES previous avatar would not look like anything. Maybe it is larger now for avatar uploads, I don't know, but how and where do you send them so they get to the avatar file? Posting a "pic" doesn't help (uploading a photo) cuz they are in a different file once done.

You got me? and many of the ones to choose from are 3-4 times larger than we could previously upload...???hmmm

RedDog
02-04-2004, 09:16 PM
To ditto the above - the options aren't there on our end anymore...

liked them, but their gone now...

harbormasterextra
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Guys, you have to remember this is a work in progress.

You can now do some custom things with your avatar. check again in the "edit avatar" section.

CrackerJack
02-05-2004, 07:22 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/air.jpg

It is right here but it is too big I believe. 50 x 50 is the max last time I looked.

That's not the one Lenny, it was one with me and my wife standing by the boat. Thanks, Jack

Walt. H.
02-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Ok! I now see we have a way to bring in a picture again for a personal "avatar" but every photo I have that I would consider to use I am told is too big when I tried to upload it. Nothing over 110 X 110 pixel, who else is having this problem and is there a way to reduce it to fit? Everything seems to be two to five times larger then allowed for me. (my pixel's too big!) :rlol: :eek: :rlol:

"I have a passage, but nothing fits through it !" :splat:

Walt. H.
02-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Poodle,

Well I guess that put's me in de-mood thats "doomed" spelled backwards. :biggrin:

Walt

boxy
02-07-2004, 11:17 AM
D, grab a trial version of ACDSee... www.acdsee.com Ithink, real easy features.