PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold gasket??

olemissalum
02-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Ordered new exhaust(Revolution Marine) but am going to need new exhaust manifold gaskets. Does anyone know the Fel Pro part number off hand, for a 99 502MPI? Thanks in advance

rickrsbro
02-01-2004, 12:12 PM
for a GEN V the part # is 17440 for the set. i can scan the fel-pro page and post it if you need some other part #'s.

the 'cooling set' is 17527.

olemissalum
02-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks, I would appreciate it. I know that the one I need has the stainless steel (instead of steel) sandwiched in the gasket, but could not seem to locate one, and my local parts store is a joke. If they can not type the make and model into their computer they are totally lost. Thanks for any help.

rickrsbro
02-01-2004, 04:36 PM
it's unreadable as a scan. send me your e-mail and i will attach it.

pretty funny, but i picked up this particular fel-pro marine catalog out of the garbage can at the local auto parts. :cool:

rickrsbro
02-01-2004, 04:42 PM
ya. time out error. i'm dial-up.

RickR
02-01-2004, 07:40 PM
olemiss
Felpro uses different part numbers for and package and the gasket.

Felpro package part number for a 502 with rectangular (intake) port heads is 1410

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3544&prmenbr=361

ricksbro
Your avatar is a good self portrait :rolleyes:

olemissalum
02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys, I thought I had read somewhere that the marine gaskets had a different core. True or not?? Just always leery about automotive parts, may just stick with the OEM gaskets. Thanks again

RickR
02-03-2004, 08:18 AM
olemiss
If a gasket has a metal core stainless must be used.
The Felpro intake and exhaust gaskets do not use metal.

I've had excellent service out of these Felpro gaskets on my 454 Mags with Gil and Imco manifolds in salt and freshwater. Although I would not recommend it, I've reused exhaust gaskets after a coat of Hylomar.

The exhaust gaskets require retorqueing after a few heat cycles.

olemissalum
02-03-2004, 09:25 AM
[Thanks for the info, what I was wondering about is this quote right from Jeg's site about the Fel Pro

"Fel-Pro has designed exhuast header gaskets consisting of a high-density fiber facing material attached to both sides of a perforated steel core."

Which is why I was curious if they should be used in a marine application. Thanks again for the info.

olemissalum
02-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Dang Poodle, just ordered the Fel Pro's yesterday. Would have been a good deal as it cost $25 for the Fel Pro's by the time shipping was paid. Oh well