PDA

View Full Version : New Board version...

harbormasterextra
01-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I deleted the old software glitch threads. i have installed a newer version that should address most of your problems and felt we should start the glitch thread from scratch. There are eve more new features in this version. I will wait till the release version to start adding a different style.

You can now add multiple uploads per post.

Oh and if your avatar is not displaying, go to you control panel and reselect it.

harbormasterextra
01-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Have you even tried?????

there are some icons just above the message box.

hover your pointer over them and they will show what they all do.

(hint Click on the one that says "insert image". It will ask you where your image is.

Then down below you have the option that allows you to add attachments.

boxy
01-31-2004, 06:27 PM
I haven;t got to far into it yet, but the thumbnail feature is way cool.....

Mr X
01-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Awesome job Scot and everyone involved!!! :wink:
Thank you,
Ted

harbormasterextra
01-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Ted, that would be me, me, and also me. Oh did I mentioned that I also helped? :D

Lenny
01-31-2004, 06:39 PM
verry cool, Thanks Scot Van A...

pmreed
01-31-2004, 08:22 PM
:yippie: Very smooth and intuitive. I love the look and the speed.

Phil

Fish boy
01-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Ted, that would be me, me, and also me. Oh did I mentioned that I also helped?

wow, all three of you have done one helluva job!! Thanks again Scot, we REALLY appreciate how had you have worked in the past few weeks... and all the great stuff over the past few years as well.

Fish

Rootsy
01-31-2004, 08:43 PM
the new format is pretty nice... i like it...

tried to do the video thing once again... same error but time out happened of 6000 seconds which is what? 100 minutes? i took 5 - 7 minutes or something to upload and received this error...

anyone have an answer why? it was wmv format... maybe that was it...

just ONE MORE thing i am sure you don't need to worry bout right now... lord knows you have enough..

Root - I HATE DIALUP

penbroke
01-31-2004, 09:50 PM
This is waaaay better! I love it! :D

A thousand thanks for all the effort!

Frank

harbormasterextra
01-31-2004, 09:56 PM
I do not allow wmv format. I only allow mov, avi, or mpg as video formats.

Rootsy
01-31-2004, 10:06 PM
I do not allow wmv format. I only allow mov, avi, or mpg as video formats.

well that explains it! i was hoping it wasn't related to the problems from before... thanks for the information.... i would have done mpg to begin with but it was a lot larger in size and was not as nice in resolution as the wmv format... no biggie i can make em mpeg with a little effort :)

harbormasterextra
01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Rootsy,
Try your wmv file again....

boldts
01-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Scot, First, lord knows you don't need additional questions or problems. Your hard work for us is sooooooo appreciated. When I looked at the calendar tonight, I noticed our gathering wasn't listed in May again. I then tried to add it and even though I was logged in, it said I didn't have permission to add AOTH IV. New rules where we need to send the gathering info to you? I did see where the Miami Boat Show was listed in February. Just wondering. Thank-you!

riverrat
02-01-2004, 04:56 AM
the board looks good Scot. I'm glad that you have reminded people that this is your play ground. And I know you like having the help . but this is your board.. :D

fyi I did not find my avitar.. help!!

Digger
02-01-2004, 06:09 AM
Scot once again you have outdone yourself, this is wayyy cool. thank you!

undertaker
02-01-2004, 08:15 AM
:D Great job Scott this site is real sweeeet !!! Thanks for all the time you have put in. :D :D

harbormasterextra
02-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Sorry about that Mr.Boldt.

Thanks for catching that. I have no problem with you guys catching nits.
No special rules. Just something I have overlooked.

I will get on it. Worse case scenario is we will have to re-enter events.

riverrat
02-01-2004, 11:34 AM
thanks Scot!!

the rat :biggrin.:

harbormasterextra
02-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Scot, First, lord knows you don't need additional questions or problems. Your hard work for us is sooooooo appreciated. When I looked at the calendar tonight, I noticed our gathering wasn't listed in May again. I then tried to add it and even though I was logged in, it said I didn't have permission to add AOTH IV. New rules where we need to send the gathering info to you? I did see where the Miami Boat Show was listed in February. Just wondering. Thank-you!

Now everyone can enter in the calendar

boldts
02-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks Scot. Much appreciated and no need for the Mr. LOL I'm trying to stay out of that Senior Member status and hope that those who can remember my name use it. Yep, another Scott here! :)

harbormasterextra
02-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Nicw job on the site links!! I like them much better at the top of the page rather than the side!!!! :party: :D

All the pages they point to will change style to match the new look. There is no link page YET.

boxy
02-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Scot, everything still seems to be working great, the only thing I can't find, which might be helpful, is a hyperlink back to the Registry Pages from the PhotoGallery. If it is there, could someone please point me to it.
Thanks

harbormasterextra
02-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Boxy I am figuring out that one as we speak.

boxy
02-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Cool, thanks Scot.

boxy
02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I just found another really cool feature of this new software, if you want to print only one post in a thread, just click on the thread number, and choose print target.
Very cool...