PDA

View Full Version : cigarette sunsation

Fish boy
01-30-2004, 12:26 PM
does any one know anything about these boats? I have a friend that is interested in one and don't know anything about them.

Thnaks,

FIsh

company site (http://www.sunsationboats.com/products.asp#288)

turbo2256
01-30-2004, 12:51 PM
They are bad ass boats or I wouldnt have bought one.

turbo2256
01-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh and they are the most customer oriented builder I have run across to date .

Bigbroadjumper
01-30-2004, 01:10 PM
I saw them at the Chicago Boat Show, they looked really nice. Very "Sharp Edges" out of the mold. I'll bet they're fast.

turbo2256
01-30-2004, 01:26 PM
My Aggressor will run 65 looking to hit 70+ with a different prop. This is with a 7.4 MPI stock. They are a smooth landing/riding boat. The Aggressor is actually a foot longer than a 22 Classic but has a cabin sink and 7' V birth. Strong well detailed. There factory support is better buying a used boat than a new one from most.

Ranman
01-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Fish Boy,

Sunsations are built here in Algonac, Michigan. IMO, Sunsation is an up and coming company. Still a bit new, but definatly making a name for themselves. They build a hell of a boat for the money. THey're known for exceptional value. "Denny Sunsation" from the OSO board is one of the company owners. He also frequents the lake up here quite a bit and mingles in the local lake scene. A nice guy. He can provide detailed information, though he might be a bit biased. Honestly, if I were to buy a go-fast other than Donzi, Sunsation would be on my short list.

Voodoocanoe
01-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Randy, Just to clarify Denny is not one of the owners, I introduced you to THE owner (Wayne) at Jobbie Nooner 2 yrs ago.

They have been in businesss for 23yrs.

They no longer make the 25'Agressor and all the molds were sold.

Bigbroadjumper, The lifting strakes/chines and the hull to transom area are probably the sharpest that you will ever find on a boat, and that is right out of the mold, NO touch ups or blueprinting, If you think that they are sharp now, they were toned down a little bit several years ago due to the fact that they were getting damaged from in/out hi lo's when they were rack stored.

Sunsation is a family business and they will treat you like family. no if's ands or but's, it is not uncommon for them to give a customer their personal cell phone numbers.

olredalert
02-01-2004, 11:23 AM
-----I will back up all of the above,as I have stopped in the factory several times. Seem like real nice people,and all thier boats seem to always look good. They started with an Excalibur pop and have traversed way,way past that. Big thumbs-up!.........Bill S

Fish boy
02-01-2004, 04:16 PM
not often we can get everyone to agree on one thing around here so it must be one heck of a boat and a heck of a company to get the compliments above. I sure appreciate the feedbac and will forward the comments to the guy that was asking.

Thanks again,

Fish