PDA

View Full Version : 1997 25ZX What's it worth?

MR MAGOO
01-29-2004, 06:24 PM
A friend of mine is seling her 25ZX. The boat is a bit rough but low hours, 220 or so. It was a South FL boat until last year and is bottom painted and in need of paint work. It has lots of dock rash. The cockpit interior is beaten by the sun. Cabin interior is like new. The motor needs some major attention (serious milkshake) and is not running at this point. It does have a new gimbal bearing, bellows and u-joints. It does include a galvi trailer.

She would like to make a quick sale as is. What do you think it is worth in this condition?

Kurt.

MOP
01-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Kurt have her do what I do, go to Yachtworld.com Trader Online, Boats.com, Iboat and a few of the others. Punch in the paramiters and do an averaging that will ball park it. I will post it on my sites if you supply pictures and litney, I offer a crap shoot, if the buyer comes through me I want 3% to cover my expenses and 0 is she finds her own. I list my stuff on the four biggest commercial sites and in Soundings Mag if she has any interest.

Phil

MR MAGOO
01-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the offer Phil!

Any other opinions?

Kurt

Verdugo
01-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Good morning Mr. Magoo!!

You may also try using the web site nadaguides.com Go on the used boats section and click on the manufacture, Year and model of your vessel. The page will supply you with a general, HIGH end, average and a low end value of the of the vessel. there is also a menu which allows you to click on additional accessories and item to boat, which add value.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Lowenski

MOP
01-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Kurt the cheapest I found poking around was 17.5 down in Texas, I have an 88 on my site that has been rehabbed from top to bottom asking 20k with no bites and the guy is ready for a decent hit. My observation is the only Donzi boats that sell well are the classic series and rare one, a few of the newer ones do quite well. Drop Frank C a note his is very good with current values on the Donzi boat, good to get his thoughts.

Phil

Shanghied Again
01-30-2004, 09:22 PM
What I would do is look at www.nada.com and get the value of the boat go to the lowest price then take off 10,000 more for an engine rebuild, always go for the worst case senerio when an engine needs to be rebuilt, interior. so if the boat list for $21,000 with a trailer I would shoot for $12,000 the highest I would pay is $15,000
They were pretty good boats the only item I would add is bolster seats instead of the sit down they came stock with.

MR MAGOO
01-31-2004, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the info Frank. This boat is for sale. She would like @13k as is.

Also, it does have factory bolsters.

Kurt