PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Boat Show

tamburello
01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
The Detroit boat show is February 7-15. Are any members of the M.A.D.C.O.W. crew planning on attending Saturday the 7th or Sunday the 8th?

I'm up for meeting to see the sights and maybe get some dinner afterwards.

- Jeff

tamburello
01-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Dang you're quick Jamie! Rootsy is referring to the new M.A.D.C.O.W. logo that I was trying to stealthily load in. I'm not very sneaky I guess.

- Jeff

roadtrip se
01-29-2004, 04:35 PM
The logo does rock Jeff!

Jill and I are in for a run through of the show on 2/7.

We will be at the big show in Miami the following weekend.

Meet at noonish? Go for late lunch and cocktails afterwards?

Somebody got an idea of where to meet?

Todd

Brad Lyon
01-29-2004, 05:05 PM
The logo that Jeff came up with is Bitchin!

I would be up to going to the show and lunch/dinner after.

Brad

goatee
01-29-2004, 09:34 PM
THIS WOULD BE A DEFINATE "MAYBE"... I HAVE PLANS TO GO TO FRANKENMUTH WITH SOME FRIENDS, WALK AROUND, SEE ICE, AND DRINK. IF IT GOES BELLY UP FOR ANY REASON,,, I'M IN FOR SAT.

goatee
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
SORRY,, NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN.. PUTER IS MESSIN AROUND, WONT LET ME TO MY EMAIL, MAYBE THIS WILL WORK

boldts
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm tossing around coming up on the 7th. That appears to be the day when most of you will be attending the show. Give me the details like meeting place, time show opens, plans and time after show? Due to the drive, not sure I want to stay much longer than 7 or 8pm. :biggrin.:

tamburello
02-03-2004, 03:05 PM
How about we meet at 12:00 noon on the 7th at Cobo Hall, this gives us West coasters time to cruise accross the state and Scott to head up from Ohio.

It's been a while since I've been to Cobo but I believe that there is an information booth in the lobby between the main entrance and the exhibition hall, we can rendezvous there and head in to see the sights.

Let me know if this works or if you have any suggestions.

- Jeff

boldts
02-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Jeff, as I remember from the last time I was up to Cobo, the Joe Louis statue is big and a can't miss for a meeting place. 12pm is ok with me, although I'll try to get there earlier if the weather and me getting out of bed cooperates :smile: :moped:

roadtrip se
02-03-2004, 10:17 PM
So we got Jeff, Scott, Brad, and myself?

Talked to Bill and got a maybe...

See you guys at the Joe statue at noon Saturday!

Todd

tamburello
02-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Now how did I forget the statue of "the brown bomber?" We'll see you by the statue of Joe on Saturday!

- Jeff :boat:

boldts
02-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Home safe and sound. Had a great time seeing those who were able to come to the show. A real special pleasure was the chance to see Randy and Donzi Jenn Oak in person. It was a blessing to see Randy in such good spirits and out of the house getting a little exercise. We had dinner after the show including: Todd & Jill Somerville, Brad Lyon and Bill Stephanson. (I think I spelled that wrong. Sorry Bill!) and myself. We talked Donzi boats and enjoyed each others company. A fantastic day out of the house!

While we only saw 1 Donzi, (A picture of a Donzi offshore race boat racing in the local chapter of APBA) there were a few other performance boats that were a nice change to the average run of the mill boats. We saw HP600's new Bayliner, a 50' NorTech cat, a 43' NorTech V bottom, 3 Nordic examples, Sunsation, Formula, PowerQuest and yes Baja too.

I look forward to seeing everyone again real soon!

tamburello
02-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Well...I was going to go to the boatshow but instead I decided to get a fever of 103.6 on Saturday morning. I hope you guys didn't wait around for us long. I tried to find one of your cell numbers by searching the registry but didn't have any luck. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. What's up with no Donzi's being at the show?

- Jeff

Brad Lyon
02-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Everyone picked up a free copy of the current Boat Trader, there is an ad on page 27 for Michigan's #1 Donzi dealer. Okay, so where the hell were they? Here is a link to their web site for some overpriced used boats.

http://www.hiperformanceboats.net

Sorry you were not able to join us Jeff, but glad to hear you made it back safe and sound Scott.

Brad

Tony
02-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Jeff, I hope you feel better soon. The Donzi dealer in Grand Rapids is Hi-Performance Marine, and they usually show up at the Grand Rapids Boat Show. I will look up when that show is and post it here.