PDA

View Full Version : 22 Donzi with Whipple..a board members?

Lenny
01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Anyone know whos' this is? and I wonder how it runs?

http://www.perfmar.com/new_donzi_special_edition.htm

boxy
01-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Lenny I think this boat belongs to one of Eddie's buddies.
That's a great webpage, I love the Dead Beats section. :D

FASTEDDIE
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Yes , that is a Lake George Donzi Classic Club member. After changing props and a lot of testing , this baby is running a true GPS 96 MPH. Came with a Mercury HP500 rated at 470 HP and dynoed at 715 HP after the blower was installed. Sweet Ride :D

Barry Phillips
01-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi Lenny, this boat lives on Lake George and is named Sting, the owner also has a 140+ mph 29' Skater named King Sting. The Whipple SG was installed before the boat even got wet, I heard there were drive modifications, prop changes and a lot of set up time. The boat is rumored to run in the mid 90s. Speak to Jason at Performance Marine Lake George, I'm sure he will fill you in on the details. Sting is a 02 HP 500 equipped 22 SE. Check out the military spec. toggles switches to the right of the wheel, very cool.

boxy
01-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Wow, I didn't realize he owned KingSting also. I've watched him run his Skater in the 1000 Islands Poker Run...

Barry Phillips
01-29-2004, 08:46 AM
I saw Warren Zevon many years ago in a solo concert, he was great. His lastest album THE WIND is a moving collection of songs about faceing his own death from cancer. Backup and writing on the CD is provided by Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Brown, Tom Petty, Emmylou Harris, Dwight Yoakam, Ry Cooder, Billy Bob Thornton, Don Henley and many others.

" There's a train leaving nightly called when it's all said and done, keep me in your heart for a while". Warren Zevon will be missed.

RickSE
01-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Man these SE's just keep popping up on the board. My information shows that there were only three SE's built, all being 2002 models. #1 was at the factory show in 2001 and has since disappeared. The boat mentioned in this post is #2. #3 will soon belong to a board member. ;)

Barry Phillips
01-29-2004, 03:22 PM
The boat in the above post is hull#2, the owner signed up for #1 but it was a factory test boat run in salt water. It also did the press rounds, the boat they did not know how to drive in PB was #1. I think #3 is the boat used in 02 catalog. If you look real close in that boat Donzi got rid of the Grant steering wheel and replaced it with a Dino. The SE is one of the nicest Special Edition 22 Donzi ever built, but 90 grand is beyond my means.