PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom URL

Lenny
01-27-2004, 06:57 PM
What and where are people going to for the chatroom??? in this new place???

MOP
01-27-2004, 07:02 PM
U2 I can't find the post where Scot had the URL for the new chat server.

Rootsy
01-27-2004, 07:09 PM
boxy and I have been using irc chat... via MIRC... cause it is a pain to get in through the java doorway...

the url for the old chatroom which took forever to get into is...

http://www.donzi.net/chat

the one that blew up ther other night is

http://www.sportboatsonline.com/X7Chat/index.php

if you can't get into either one... and still want to chat...

www.mirc.com

download and install

select one of the undernet USA servers

room is #donziboats

MOP
01-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks Jamie I just tried them both, the old one was empty and said it was an evaluation copy. I could not log onto the new one or reregister. I guess that rates an Oh Well! The new one was great before it went south.

Rootsy
01-27-2004, 07:47 PM
weird phil, i have MIRC open in donziboats... and no one appeared...

did you enter through www.donzi.net/chat???? or did you download and install mirc? evaluation copy means nothing i have never registered it and it has never asked me to...

one thing boxy found... you MUST use an undernet server to get into the right room...

Lenny
01-27-2004, 08:13 PM
WHAT is an "undernet server" ?

boxy
01-27-2004, 08:44 PM
there is a server list, and we've found that the undernet US servers work best....

Formula Jr
01-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Chat rooms operate through a series of servers that bounce the messages off a group of servers. Chat isn't saved anywere except on your computer's client software. Usernet is just one of a few thousand networks of servers that host specific rooms which are also called Channels. Can someone post a partical list of the usenet servers, and the port number? I never liked the Java interface method, it just isn't stable enough to be useable. I think I wrote something last year about how to do this.......

boxy
01-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Owen I won't be much help, all I did was download the MIRC program, choose "random Undernet US servers" and join channel "#donziboats"

It's good to see you back.

Rootsy
01-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Owen,

if you install the MIRC chat client and then do the options you get a drop down list of servers. you will see the "undernet" family of servers...

i use irc network set on: ALL

Default port is 6667

just hit connect.. when it connects it'll pop up a window to join a channel.. type #donziboats and whala

Formula Jr
01-27-2004, 09:06 PM
found it.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465

Formula Jr
01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Gosh darn it. URL not found. I should know by now to check if the URLs are still working.
Anyway. You can always do a google search to find what is current with IRC soft. :)

boxy
01-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Rootsy and I were joined by MattyBoy, and Tamburello last night, there were even a couple of remote shots consumed.
Come on back....
www.mirc.com
download version 6
choose random US undernet servers
join channel "#donziboats"

Matty's buying the first round.... :D