PDA

View Full Version : Unusual temperature swing...

Tony
01-27-2004, 12:13 PM
How do you Florida guys deal with the same temperatures all year long? It must get awful boring!

Last weekend we went up to Searchmont Mountain, north of Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. Most of our group went skiing, while some of the wives took the Algoma Canyon Snow Train. On our way to the ski resort, our cars were registering 30 degrees below zero Fahrenhuit! We skied all day long at 20 below zero, and actually had a blast.

So today we have no school and are in the middle of getting 8" to 12" of snow. But it is only 25 degrees so it seems balmy...that is a 55 degree temperature swing from last weekend!

pmreed
01-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Gosh Tony, We know about temperature swings here in Florida. It was 81 yesterday and it's only going up to 73 or so today. Overnight it got all the way down to ~60. Tomorrow night we're bringing in the livestock...could go below 40.

:p
Phil

gcarter
01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah Phil,
Up near Ocala where I live it may reach down close to freezing tonight!!;) and only up to 55 tomorrow!!

George Carter

Tom Davis
01-27-2004, 03:23 PM
If you really want to talk about extreme temperature swings, try high altitude mountaineering! How about from 31 degrees F to 80 degrees below zero F in about 30-45 minutes!!!!! Do the math, that's a 111 degree shift!!!! Nobody died that day, so it was considered a good day, but we bid the mountain a hasty retreat as the wind chill was headed for triple digits (below zero):eek: :eek: :eek:

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

gcarter
01-27-2004, 03:40 PM
You win!!:eek!: :eek!:
The worst I've ever seen is about 70 degrees in about 10 hours in Houston

George Carter

Fish boy
01-27-2004, 04:00 PM
How do you Florida guys deal with the same temperatures all year long? It must get awful boring!

easy, we keep the same old boring temperature, but get our variety from changing women frquently:cool:

Fish

goatee
01-27-2004, 07:49 PM
fish, i swear i'm going to start looking for where you post. it makes me forget about my whole crummy day! :D

Fish boy
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

gcarter
01-29-2004, 07:30 PM
It froze here last night!!
Since I've been leaving my truck outside because of boat junk in the garage, there was ice on all the glass.
I had to get it off!!!
It sucked!!
Maybe we could legislate against this crap!

George Carter

Tony
01-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Today was our third day off in a row from school. The winds kick up and drift the country roads closed. My son loves it...he went snowboarding all day with about a dozen friends.

Me, I went shopping for my birthday present...hockey skates. I am now eligible for the 50 and over league! Being this old sounds worse than it is. Other than an upcoming shoulder surgery (torn labrum, too much volleyball), all is going well health-wise.

Count your blessings if you have good health, and say a prayer for friends and relatives who do not.