PDA

View Full Version : West Cost

Verdugo
01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
West Cost DONZI's:) trying to get a gathering for the West cost Donzi owners.

I myself from Arizona see allot of clubs and gathering on the North and South east as well as the midwest.

Any one on West cost? Lets get it togather DONZI Owners. Looking for anyone in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah or California to form a West coast Donzi gathering.

Lakes to look at or Oceans

San Diego California
Rocky Point Mexico

Lake Mead Nevada/Arizona
Lake Tahoe Nevada/California

Arizona thou a desert we do have plenty of water

Lake Powell
Lake Pleasent
Roosevelt Lake
Saguaro Lake
Appache Lake
Canyon lake
Barlett Lake

Any interest or Ideas!! contact me at 602-647-6806 or Email Lowenski@msn.com

Thanks

Lowenski:cool:

Stan
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Lowenski,

I am all for getting together. I live here in Los Angeles. I haven't had many takers in the past. How about a Lake Havasu meet ??

I will be at Lake Havasu Memorial weekend, I hope, and maybe another time this summer. Lets try to hook up.

Stan.....818-406-1802

:party: :jestera:

Verdugo
02-05-2004, 06:27 PM
:propeller :hyper: Way Cool!! I will pencile this in for Memorial weekend at lake Havasu. Let's keep o=in touch I now have your phone and E-mail so let get this WEST COAST rocking!!!! Come on DONZI we got 2 rolling keep them coming!!!! :cool!:

Hey East coast Die hards your all welcome!!!! :wavey:

Lowenski
Arizona 16 Classic

602-647-6806
Lowenski@msn.com

RickSE
02-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Verdugo,
I'm up in Flagstaff. Two Donzi's up here soon. I sold my 18 Classic to a friend in town and I 'm picking up a new leftover 22-SE next week. We typically go to Powell but I'm hoping to get to Havasu this year. Not sure if I can make it for Memorial Day though but I will keep it in mind.

Stan,
Do you typically stay in a hotel in Havasu? If so is it on the water or on land? How nutty does Havasu get over Memorial Day Weekend?

There are several Donzi's in New Mexico but I only know of one who visits the board.

firstvee@yahoo.com

Verdugo
02-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon RICKS!!

I am sorry I did not respond to your post earlier. I was out of State!! Sure enough if your up in Flag that is not far at all from Phoenix, and hope that we could meet up soon in the summer. Did you get the 22? if so give me some info. I am in the looking for one myself! Need to negociate the 16 Classic, Who is the other Donzi owner you sold you boat to?? Maybe we can Keep in touch.

Stan if you get this Message are you still making lake Havasu for Memorial

Weekend?? Let us know.

Lowenski
1443 S Gibson Street :)
Gilbert AZ 85296
602-647-6806 Cel
480-812-8625 Home
lowenski@msn.com

RickSE
02-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Verdugo,
No 22 yet. I had to delay picking it up due to the snow; I'll try this coming weekend. I'll post some info once I get the boat here in AZ. My dad owns a Donzi dealership in New Mexico and we bought this 22 (a leftover 2002) from another dealer. I may be coming down to Phoenix in a month or so to test run the boat, Apache or Pleasant. I'm also considering going to Havasu sometime before Memorial Day weekend.

My old 18 belongs to a friend at work. He's not usually on the board so I'll mention this post to him. I'm sure he'd be interested in meeting up this summer.

Stan, where are you?

What about Scubado, where are you?

farmer tx
02-23-2004, 10:45 AM
PJ and I have been wanting to go to Powell for a couple of years. We would be in for a gathering at Powell.

Mark

Verdugo
02-23-2004, 02:30 PM
:cool!: Good afternoon RICKS!!!

Good luck with the 22 Classic! Well most definitly send me a line or Call in advance at 602-647-6806 before you come down to Phoenix I' ll make a note to meet up with you at Pleasent or Apache.

Not bad to have Dad own the Donzi Dealership in New Mexico. I had no Idea there was a dealer in our area. Per the Donzi Search engine the closest dealer is indicated as Sarasota Florida. Send me your Dads information it is allways good to have and keep just in case. Lowenski@msn.com or 1443 S Gibosn St Gilbert AZ 85296

Have your old 18's new owner get info that would be Great!!

Hey Stan let us know if your getting this!! :cool!: :cool!: :yes:

Farmer TX PJ it would be a pleasure to have you folks out here. Let me know your plans so as to coordinate.

ANYONE ELSE PLEASE JOIN IN!!! tHINGS ARE LOOKING GOOOOOD

RickSE
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
farmer tx,
Powell is about 2-hours from my house and is my primary boating lake. It's an awesome place even though the water is down, down 110' as of last week. I'd love to have a gathering at Powell.

Verdugo,
Having a dealership in the family has it's perks. The dealership search tool on the Donzi web site has never worked. There's our dealership in New Mexico (pager 888-830-3978, 505-660-8682), one in Vegas, Lake Tahoe CA, Newport Beach CA and several in TX. There used to be a dealer in Phoenix but they closed up along with almost all the CA dealers, this is a long story.

Verdugo
02-23-2004, 10:56 PM
RICKS if you get a chance give me a call 602-647-6806 or send me an E-mail at Lowenski@msn.com with your Number I 'll them give you a call.

Thanks

Lowenski

Last Tango
02-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Lake Havasu is awesome. Memorial Weekend it will be totally packed beyond belief. Primary hotel is the Nautical Inn. Probably booked solid by now. Best to check Nautical Inn to see what weekends are not already booked by boat clubs and boat manufacturer gatherings. Also many race weekends there. Several West Coast race groups use Havasu and Parker Dam on a very regular basis. I can stay for free because my son lives there. But I would enjoy meeting up with the folks going to Lake Havasu.
:cool:
Supreme SEADOG heads west?

Verdugo
02-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Sound like a winner Lasttango!!!

Do you or can you post the Havasu resort/ That way those who are interested in going can make plans to book a room. I myself am new to the west coast and have not had the pleasure of going to Havasu. What area would you recommed for a gathering? Is it to late to create a get together??

For those members who have posted If you are still interested please post your Ideas.

LETS ROCK!!!! :lightning

Am hopeing to get a gathering this spring-Summer

Lowenski
lowenski@msn.com
602-647-6806

Stan
03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Guys,

Sorry for the delay.......no excuses.

Lake Havasu is totally packed on Memorial weekend. The spot to stay is the Nautical Inn. The cheaper rooms, $ 200 are sold out, only the $ 385 (ouch !!) per night rooms are left. Yes, I booked one. If my wife goes with me, I'll have no extra room, but if it’s just me and a buddy I'll have room on the couch or a pull out for another border or 2. Just throw me a couple of bucks.

You can stay at some of the motels off the water but to use the public boat ramps is a long line…..like a few hours ! The Nautical Inn will let the public use its ramp but its still a wait. Havasu Marina also has a stupid line. Boat slips are rentable at Havasu Marina @ $ 17 per day on a first come basis. Most guys rent and pay the tap for 2 to 3 weeks in advance just so they have a space. I guess they figure spending a few hundred bucks is worth it to have a slip on a holiday.

Parking at the Nautical Inn is on the beach. First come basis.....very very packed with too many drunk assholes :incredibl who are looking for a fight. That's not my cup of tea. I'm like to take it easy on a weekend. :spongebob

I would say that if we wanted to have a Donzi gathering in Havasu, Memorial weekend is NOT the time to do it. Its really fun but so so crowed. Another weekend in Havasu might be a better option. Rooms available, prices are reasonable, all the Donzi’s parked in the cove, restaurants have seats...etc. I would say a cruise up to Moab (20 minutes) for a burger or a ride down river would be a great time for a Donzi group. On holiday weekends the water is very choppy on the river from all the boats, especially the 30 + footers.

I also reserved a room July 4 weekend and Labor day....I like to keep my options open!

Memorial weekend is THE weekend in Lake Havasu...and I will probly be there..Copper Canyon is open as well as a bigger cove further down the river. The Sand bar is closed on all holiday weekends. But I hear that on regular weekends its open and is pretty fun.

I have had some great times in Havasu, I’ve only been going for 2 years now…but boy what a great 2 years !! If you stay smart and safe, keep the booze :beer: to a minimum, and keep your eyes open, you will come home in one piece…..see lots of HAPPY :party: HAPPY people, and many pairs of t-t’s :smileybo: (just bring the beads).

Another option might be the “Classic Boat Beach Bash”….take a look.
http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/home.htm

Lets keep talking and make this happen.

Stan……… :cool:

22 Classic...454 Bravo... :shark:

Eugene Nahemow
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
I am in for a Donzi gathering, but am really leary of any on Holiday weekends. Travel is a B****, lodging is a b****, and dealing with Holiday warriors is a double b****.
I will go to either Havasu or Tahoe.
Although I might throw out another thought.

It's not as glamourous as Tahoe or Havasu but I have a summer house on Clear Lake in California. The lake is the second largest in California.
It doesn't get too crowded and the sheriffs are pretty lax.
There is a large hotel on the water which also has a concert event schedule.
Here is a link for the hotel and concerts. The full summer schedule is not posted as of yet but there are some dates posted.
www.konoctiharbor.com

Here is also a link about the lake.
www.lakecounty.com

The lake is best is June and July. We have been know to get algae blooms in August as the lake is a shallow in relations to others. Depth from 50-65'. Although the past 3 years have not been a problem due to heavy rains. This year will be no different as the lake is past flood levels.

There are two other board members that have houses on the lake and there are many other Donzi's. My house can hold another two couples and we have another house on our cove that is a rental. The house can hold at least 3 families.

Konocti Harbour Inn is a nice place to stay. It has Spa facilities, retaurants and plenty of dockage. The lake also hosts about 4 speed skiing tournaments a year, which are a pretty incredible to watch.
Napa county is also 35 minutes down the road, so you can all stock up on world class wines to drink and bring home. :p

Just another idea.

Last Tango
03-05-2004, 10:50 AM
http://www.lakehavasu.com/

The graphic on the home page says it all. A boater-friendly environment.
However, Clear Lake sounds like a great place and a great offer from Eugene. Maybe you west coasties should take him up on that location first. I sure would!
:cool:

RickSE
03-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks Stan. I figured Havasu would be crazy on Memorial Day weekend. I'll probably have to pass for that weekend, but I really want to meet up with you guys. How about another non-holiday weekend at Havasu? Maybe one before Memorial Day weekend? I finally have a boat again and am itching to go down to Havasu's 400' elevation. Stan, do you have any other plans to go soon? I'd like to go with someone who has been there before. I'm planning on splashing the new boat in a few weeks and may try to do it at Havasu.

I'd also be interested in Tahoe although it's a good haul from here. It would be a nice vacation. Not sure about Clear Lake, probably 15-hour drive from where I live.

Verdugo
03-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!!

Stan welcome back! good to have your insight. Well I take it Havasue for now is out of the picture. I would have to agree, Looking for a good place to have a great boating time is No.1 Goal, Personnelly do not have time for over crowded lakes & DRUNKS. Plus I think from what you have said it really is kinda late for staying arrangements.

I would like to get a weekend gathering in place so if any one else is up for Ideas please post your thoughts.

Eugene, Great idea though the road trip may be a bit of a haul for me. keep us posted if should there be a gathering at clear lake I woulld make my best to go for it.

If anyone has any dates for summer, post it and hopefully we camn get a west coat get together. I was out yesterday at Canyon lake temp in 85 temp boy sure would love to get a bunch of Donzis together.

Thanking everyone who's has posted hope we get something rolling!!! Bottom line I am in.

Ricks good to hear from you too. Any news on the 22 ZOOM ZOOM??? I would agree a non Weekend holiday at Havasue looks like the way to go!

Keep posting

Lowenski
16 Classic

boldts
03-08-2004, 08:48 PM
When you all pick a date, I'd like to know about it. I'm in Ohio and as far West as I've been is Portland, OR on business. I'd love to plan a vacation out to Tahoe or Havasue for a week. Wouldn't have a boat with me since it would be a fly in for me. Getting up in age (43) and I want to see as much of this country as possible. My dream job is traveling the country setting up Donzi gatherings Nation wide. The internet is a wonderful thing. Pick a date and a place and the rest can be done with a little help from friends in the area. It's like the saying goes, "Build It And They Will Come" Might only be a couple boats until the word gets out, but more than 1 Donzi in a marina or location is a party!

Stan
03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
I just called the Nautical INN and got lucky !! I was able to get a room that was just canceled…..a Bay room in the Cove for $ 200 per night (what a deal !!). I’m sure there will be more cancellations in the coming months. This means that I am a 90% Memorial Weekend Attendee. That also means that my other room on Memorial weekend at the Nautical Inn is available
@ $ 385 per night. If anyone wants that room I am going to hold it until 10 days before that weekend and then cancel it. Let me know if anyone wants it.

As far as a meeting in Lake Havasu (my first choice…Lake Tahoe is # 2).
Remember…Havasu is 400 feet above sea level….Tahoe is much, much higher….Clear Lake I don’t know. These are things to consider.

How about we pick a few dates and move toward those dates. I will make some calls to the Nautical Inn and see if we can get a block of rooms on a summer weekend. In Havasu we can also maybe get Hotboat Magazine to do a photo shoot (they keep a photo boat there), a story and who knows maybe a picnic. Somebody should work on the other locations and we can compare notes.

If we get some concrete hotel prices and dates we can then put it to a vote on Havasu, Tahoe or Clear Lake.

Your thoughts………

Stan…. :cool!: :propeller

RickSE
03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
If it's Havasu, I'd suggest we stay away from the mid summer heat.

If it's Tahoe, I'd suggest mid summer.

I always liked the idea of going to Tahoe while the Hot August Nights and the wood boat show was going on. Looks like August 7-8 for the 04' boat show.

Verdugo, ZOOM ZOOM is here.

ZOOM ZOOM (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33697)

hottub
03-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Great ideas!!!! Another opinion from Northern California.

A couple of things to add. As far as Tahoe goes, Boat Show Weekend (http://www.tahoeyc.com/concours.html)/Hot August Nights (Reno) is up there with 4th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day as the most crowded, but it is a better crowd than say the 4th of July......What that means is it is tougher/more expensive to get hotels/slips/bouys so if its gonna happen, now is the time. All negatives being said, its aweful tough to beat Tahoe, anytime. I think Owen (Formula JR) had a pretty good thread going awile back(http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1187&highlight=tahoe). And there is a Donzi Dealer on the South Shore......

Clear lake is actually a great idea as well. Not as scenic as Tahoe but the Lake is huge and there is plenty of room to run and the water is a heck of alot warmer. Eugene's idea about a concert weekend at Konocti is a good one as the venue is small enough that there is not a bad seat in the house but big enough that they get first rate acts. And the place is always pretty festive with good bars, good docks and reasonably priced.

Up for a get together as well, and do what I can to help.

Verdugo
03-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I just called the Nautical INN and got lucky !! I was able to get a room that was just canceled…..a Bay room in the Cove for $ 200 per night (what a deal !!). I’m sure there will be more cancellations in the coming months. This means that I am a 90% Memorial Weekend Attendee. That also means that my other room on Memorial weekend at the Nautical Inn is available
@ $ 385 per night. If anyone wants that room I am going to hold it until 10 days before that weekend and then cancel it. Let me know if anyone wants it.

As far as a meeting in Lake Havasu (my first choice…Lake Tahoe is # 2).
Remember…Havasu is 400 feet above sea level….Tahoe is much, much higher….Clear Lake I don’t know. These are things to consider.

How about we pick a few dates and move toward those dates. I will make some calls to the Nautical Inn and see if we can get a block of rooms on a summer weekend. In Havasu we can also maybe get Hotboat Magazine to do a photo shoot (they keep a photo boat there), a story and who knows maybe a picnic. Somebody should work on the other locations and we can compare notes.

If we get some concrete hotel prices and dates we can then put it to a vote on Havasu, Tahoe or Clear Lake.

Your thoughts………

Stan…. :cool!: :propeller

Stan......!!!!COOL Great Idea!!! I have to agree with all We just need to pick the date and move from there! Iam In. at first it may be a learning curve but once its up and running people will show and that that!!!

Stan let us know you results, Once you get them lets just vote on a place and take it from there.

Verdugo
03-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Ricks Once agian Congratualtions on that Zoom Zoom!!!!

Hotub Good ideas!! what maybe we can strive to do is N california meet as well as a lower Cal -AZ gathering, that way people will have a chance to participate in one or the other, I would love to do both. Iam sure once we establish a firm date people will make plans to go. Boy I must add I was just lookiing and clear lake is a hell of a haul from phoenix. But that what it all ABOUT!!!!

Keep it coming LET DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Verdugo
03-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Great ideas!!!! Another opinion from Northern California.

A couple of things to add. As far as Tahoe goes, Boat Show Weekend (http://www.tahoeyc.com/concours.html)/Hot August Nights (Reno) is up there with 4th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day as the most crowded, but it is a better crowd than say the 4th of July......What that means is it is tougher/more expensive to get hotels/slips/bouys so if its gonna happen, now is the time. All negatives being said, its aweful tough to beat Tahoe, anytime. I think Owen (Formula JR) had a pretty good thread going awile back(http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1187&highlight=tahoe). And there is a Donzi Dealer on the South Shore......

Clear lake is actually a great idea as well. Not as scenic as Tahoe but the Lake is huge and there is plenty of room to run and the water is a heck of alot warmer. Eugene's idea about a concert weekend at Konocti is a good one as the venue is small enough that there is not a bad seat in the house but big enough that they get first rate acts. And the place is always pretty festive with good bars, good docks and reasonably priced.

Up for a get together as well, and do what I can to help.

Hottub thanks for the web pages and info on the woodys at Tahoe, that look like a winner!!

Anyone!! If your interested lets get some more input. We have as options Clear lake CA , Lake Tahoe CA-NV and lake Havasue AZ!

Any thought on lake Mead or Lake Powell??

Keep it comming! the sooner we get your comment the sooner we can put it together :kaioken: :kaioken:

thriller
03-12-2004, 10:42 AM
I'd love to bring the Misses and the Blackhawk down south. I'm leaning towards the Tahoe gig. Never been,but heard great things about it. Damn that I-5 is a crappy highway...(Holidays July August this year )
Mike

Stan
03-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Guys,

As you know my first choice is Havasu. Even on the very hot days …..the lake is great, just keep the bimini top up :umbrella: and the 30 sun block on. Temps during Summer are from about …….dare I say……105 to ……120 degrees !! :kaioken: That's sounds hot…..and frankly it is ….but it's a dry heat !! ha ha Actually on the water it's very comfortable. My wife came with me one time and it was 114 and she didn't complain :cussball: ……no really !!

Lake Tahoe during the Concours d'Elegance show would be awesome !! I have wanted to go to that show for years. Just a few thoughts though.

Our plastic boats are not welcome during the wooden boat shows. We may love our boats and they may be classics….but they are not wood ! The ooooooo's and aaaaaaaaa's we usually get at the dock might be missing that weekend. Believe me, I sure do like the OOOOOOOO's !!!

Also altitude is a consideration. Lake Tahoe is about 6200 feet above sea level and 1600 feet deep (don't drop your Rolex overboard !!). :banghead:
Havasu 400 feet, Clear lake 1325….both no big deal.

I have never played at that altitude but I know I would need an adjustment or different prop….right Rick !!

That said, I am up for going during the Concours d'Elegance show. July 4th weekend would also be nice at Tahoe. Fireworks at night etc

Havasu is about 300 miles from home, Los Angeles. Clear Lake about 475 miles, Tahoe is a knuckle curling 550 miles, according to maps.com !!!!!!

Wooden Boat Week August 5-12 2004
Concours d'Elegance August 6-7 2004

I have talked to the nautical Inn today and rooms run about $ 130 per night in the cove, with parking on the beach. Space is filling up quickly on the summer weekends so reservations at any of these lakes needs to be made soon.

Stan………… :spongebob

Just a few pics of Lake Havasu to wet the appetite.

Here is the lake and a part of the channel.
http://resize.inkfrog.com/thumbn/seh1/lake_havasu_4.jpg
A close up of the channel as the boats parade through.
http://resize.inkfrog.com/thumbn/seh1/lake_havasu_2.jpg
The Sand Bar on a very busy weekend…..just drive on up and walk around.
http://resize.inkfrog.com/thumbn/seh1/lake_havasu_1.jpg
Copper Canyon when it's empty, on the holiday weekends its gets really crowded.
http://resize.inkfrog.com/thumbn/seh1/lake_havasu_3.jpg

Stan
03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Out of curiosity….how many boats are we talking about ? Who’s in ?

Stan……. :spongebob

RickSE
03-16-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm in. I may be going to Havasu in a few weeks.

Verdugo
03-16-2004, 04:48 PM
I am in for going to Havasue One Boat and one Missy :hyper: .

Heck had no idea Tahoe was 1600 feet deep :eek!: YA don't drop your ROLEX :bawling: :bawling:

Folks about the HEAT :kaioken: 100+ :kaioken: Not to worry Stan is right it is a dry heat unlike a 98+ with High humididity which is unbearable

Can anyone give some insight on what exaclly is the issues with high altitudes and performance. Sure I understand that higher altitude=less Oxegen less performance, but how much more and is it a real performance/problem? Thanks

Verdugo
03-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh Hey Stan thanks for all the Detailed information you provided. Hope to hear from all of you.

Eugene, Bolts Thriller, Hotub, last Tango and eveyone else :outtahere

Lowenski

Verdugo
03-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Oh Hey Stan thanks for all the Detailed information you provided. Hope to hear from all of you.

Eugene, Bolts Thriller, Hotub, last Tango and eveyone else :outtahere

Lowenski

And you to FAMER TX We really want to hear from you ALLLLLL :yes:

RickSE
03-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Verdugo,
Yes, high altitude equals less oxygen and less air/cylinder pressure. Both equate to less potential for the engine to build power.

If the altitude increase is significant than you usually have to go down one or two prop sizes to keep the engine in it's wide open throttle (WOT) range.

For example my 18 would turn a 19Pitch prop @ 7,000 ft, 21P @ 3700 ft and probably could have turned a 23P @ sea level. Also it would make 250HP at 3700 ft and 275HP at sea level.

Verdugo
03-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks RICKSE ;)

farmer tx
03-18-2004, 12:55 AM
I have allways wanted to see Havasu but it's not in the cards right now. If anything is happening at Powell this summer I could try to make it. Powell is only a 12 hr. pull from my home base.

Thanks for the offer. :us-texas:

DonCig
03-18-2004, 10:52 PM
If Farmer Tex (Mark) and Polly are up for going to lake Powell, then count me in. I didn't give him that custom Bar-B-Que Headlight to go to waste in Texas. The man makes some mean smoked pork chops!
A lot of people in Colorado make the trip to Lake Powell in the summer. 857 miles compared to close to 1200 miles to Tahoe or Havasue! I love Tahoe, but the extra 6 hours drive time would stop me from making the trip.

Don, Ryan and Colleen. : :beer: :spongebob

Verdugo
03-19-2004, 02:44 PM
If Farmer Tex (Mark) and Polly are up for going to lake Powell, then count me in. I didn't give him that custom Bar-B-Que Headlight to go to waste in Texas. The man makes some mean smoked pork chops!
A lot of people in Colorado make the trip to Lake Powell in the summer. 857 miles compared to close to 1200 miles to Tahoe or Havasue! I love Tahoe, but the extra 6 hours drive time would stop me from making the trip.

Don, Ryan and Colleen. : :beer: :spongebob

WEST colorado Oh Yeah sorry we missed ya PAL!!! HECk YA pick a date I would also do Powell alls you need is two and you got a gathering.

Lowenski
16 C :propeller :spongebob :beer:

RickSE
03-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Guys, as I stated before I live about 2-hours from the south end of Powell and spend a lot of time on the lake. If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Stan
03-22-2004, 01:43 PM
It seems like we may have lost a little steam on our west coast meeting ! I feel we need to nail down a location and a date now, if this is going to happen this summer.

Stan......... :spongebob

farmer tx
03-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I saw where it was 103 at 3:30 pm Sat. the 20th at Havasu. Now that sounds like my kind of place. The hotter the better.

Last Tango
03-24-2004, 09:28 AM
I talked to my son on Sunday and he mentioned the temp was 108.
High 70's here in North Florida. Think I'll hang here for the coming boating weekend. LOL

RickSE
03-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Is anyone interested in going to Havasu before Memorial Day Weekend? Mid to Late April or early May?

Here are some of the upcoming Havasu weekend events.

April 16-18
Wild Card Poker Run

April 23-25
American Hot Boat / Extreme Boats

April 30 - May 2
ELIMINATOR BOATS REGATTA

May 7 - 9
GROUP 1 / CONQUEST REGATTA

May 14 - 16
NEWPORT REGATTA

May 14-16
Ultra Boats

I won't be ready to hit the water til after Easter and would like to go before Memorial Day. The first two poker runs would be fun to watch, a lot of big stuff should show up for the AHB/Extreme Boats run.

Stan
03-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Rick,

A pre-Memorial Weekend Havasu ride might be in the cards. Lets keep in touch. I thought of maybe going to Havasu 2 weeks or so before Memorial weekend, leaving the boat there and then coming back memorial weekend and bringing the boat back home....it’s just an idea. Hopefully not a bad one !

As far as a summer Donzi get together.....I'm getting the feeling that this is falling apart.....lack of response…...seems to be the culprit.

If we can make this happen…great….let’s hear from those who are interested and get some kind of head count. Please

Havasu, Tahoe, Clear Lake….Lets show our east coast Donzi bro’s that we in the west have it together.

Thanks

Stan…… :spongebob

RickSE
03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
It does appear to be falling apart. I do believe though that we can get at least 4 boats at Havasu if we can find a date that works for everyone.

me (22C)
my old boat (18C)
Verdugo (16C)
Stan (22C)

The Northwest guys seem to have they're own events going on so lets do something down South. I could certainly go a few weeks before Memorial Day, 8-9 or 15-16. I'm also open for mid-late April. I'll probably try and get the boat down sometime in April, just not sure yet what weekend since I'm still getting the boat ready. I'll talk to the guy here with my old boat and see what dates might work for him.

Verdugo, you out there?

Verdugo
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys I am really Sorry for not being up to date and responding to all of your posting!! for the past 60 days I have been negocaitiong a job offer which is takeing me to Estes Park Colorado, I have did make breif contact with Dons Mile high 18 about the move and got alot of valuable information on the Lakes in the Colorado Region. Thanks Dons.

I hope that you do get the group up and running. Stan, Ricks Please forgive me for not following up.

Ricks I guess I will miss seeing that Super Zoom Zoom of yours, Ricks Stan, Today I did email you a letter of my new job position.

I hope to keep in touch.

I will be moving May 4 2004 to Estes Park CO

I will keep whacting for you all.

Verdugo/Lowenski

I am at you serive guys!!

GKricheldorf
04-28-2004, 09:45 AM
I would like to hook up with you guys as well. Me and my wife will be going up to Havasu on June 12th to the 19th. Her family makes that trip every year and it is a blast. We just find a nice cove and camp it. Not sure if i can do a pre Memorial run - i still need to yank the old motor and get the new one finished, tested and installed and as long as you classics don't mind a Z-25 hanging around.

I'm not a big fan of the busy weekends either. To many cops and crazy crazy people.

RickSE
04-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey Guys,
I was hoping to go to Havasu this weekend but ended up shredding my sea pump impeller.

Verdugo,
Since your heading to Colarado how about meeting up at Powell or Navajo Lake some time? Good luck on the new job.

GKricheldorf,
I'd be interested in meeting you guys at Havasu in June. Sounds like you plan on taking the Z if it's ready.

Verdugo
05-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Ricks You bet. Just let me get settled in I will be in Estes Park just on the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains I heard that Grandby Lake is very good. I will be staying in the Stanley Hotel until I can get a home. I am trailing the boat and storing the boat at the Estes Lake Marina. Once I get a home and stuff I will be open Once agian.

Sorry for bailing out on the summer West Coast guys, but I have been job hunting for one year this past April.

Lowenski M Garcia/ Verdugo

GKricheldorf
06-08-2004, 02:26 PM
If any of you West Coast guys are going to be in Havasu from June 16th - 23rd keep you eye's open. The Z is running and i will be there. Not sure of the exact location where i'll be, but i will be camping on a beach somewhere.

yorkey
06-16-2004, 07:58 PM
This is Jeff, I live in South Orange County, California and I have a '92 22' Classic.

I often make the trip out to Havasu, it's always a pleasure. I was out there on Memorial day, I actually DID see ONE classic '22 out there, like mine but I don't think the guy saw me. I also saw a couple of bigger ones, but I have really gotten in the habit of trying to find other classic owners.

I was really feeling like I'm all alone out here; most of these guys seem to be East Coast people.

I would love to participate in a gathering. Are any of you in California?

Let's keep in touch about this, please count me in!

Jeff
yorkeystyl@hotmail.com
949-289-8711

RickSE
06-17-2004, 05:56 PM
You may have seen Stan, I believe his 22 is red and white. I planned on going before Mem. Day but never made it. I'll probably wait til early Fall now.

Stan
06-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Jeff,

Great, another So Cal Donzi guy. I usually go to Castaic Lake near Magic Mountain most weekends. Since I live in Sherman Oaks, it's only a 25 minutes drive, fresh water and not too bad…..but it’s not the greatest either !

I was going to go to Havasu Memorial weekend but opted out at the last minute. I have reservations for July 4 and Labor Day in Havasu but haven’t decided yet.

Where do you go ? Lets try to meet up here in so cal in the near future. A place that’s convenient for both of us.

Stan …….. :spongebob 818-406-1802

yorkey
07-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Sounds good Stan!

My favorite place to go (so far) is Havasu, because I have a friend who owns a place at the Beachcomber and she let's me use it for free when she's not using it.

Locally, I haven't been up toward Castaic yet, I've been stuck with places like Perris or Elsinore.

I've been thinking of heading toward Pyramid lake, that's up that way too, isn't it? It's bigger than Castaic, I think.

I will get in touch with you, looking forward to it Stan!

Jeff
949-289-8711