PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Water Cooling?

thriller
01-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Was wondering if anyone has found a system that works well on a big block? I have seen one style that is @700US and seems to be really bulky and cumbersome. I like the idea of having alternate ports for a heater exchange .ANy input would be greatly appreciated. Western Marine / too pricey.. :cool:

Morgan's Cloud
01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
I don't know who makes the kits that Merc uses on the 502 but it works very well (so far).Even in summer with air/water temps of
90f/85f and humid as .. you get it ....
Steve

Digger
01-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Thriller, there has been lots of good info posted on the registry about FWCooling. A search of the archives should produce plenty to read about.

break break anybody know how to search older posts? I tried a search for fwc'ing, I only get one response and thats this thread... should be many long threads from about a yr ago... ?

pmreed
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
I tried the same thing Digger; couldn't get any search results from the old posts. I had emailed Thriller that there has been good info, especially from Randy (Big Grizzly), but it was way too tough to check every post Randy ever made in order to find the FWC threads.

Phil

thriller
01-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys, I tried the archives as well and no luck. I'm sure it's just a matter of time til the software/input is all up to speed. I will keep checking those archives. Sure like the graphics on the new site. Awesome job to all those involved.:) I'm a brutal speller and that spell check is a blessing....

tmdog
01-26-2004, 04:27 PM
For FWC, try Ocean East Marine. I just installed their cooling system on my SBC. Cost for unit around 400.00. I don' have their phone # now , but they do have a web site. I hope this helps. JIM

gcarter
01-26-2004, 05:11 PM
This is one of my favorite subjects! It seems a shame to subject some of the very expensive engines to even river or lake water considering some of the lakes and rivers I've seen! The system I've been contemplating is Monitor Products in Brooksville, FL. Their heat exchanger sits vertically on the starboard side of the front of the engine.

Heat Exchangers (http://www.monitorpro.com/Guestbook.htm)

George Carter :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-26-2004, 07:36 PM
http://i-netmarine.com/fwc/MerCruiser_454_502_CID_Multi_Port_EFI_1996_99.htm# half%20systems

I saved this link from past posts.
Bryan