PDA

View Full Version : Paging Grizzly and Donnely..

BUIZILLA
01-25-2004, 09:20 PM
guys, the push button switches on the dash of the Criterions... have you got a lead on where to purchase them? the dash panels and instruments appears to have been factory Teleflex built, then shipped to Donzi for installation. The switches are another brand I have never heard of?? I need 2 red switches real bad, and 2 spares just in case, and 4 bulbs. Each switch is soldered on every terminal so this looks to be quite the pain to replace them.

any idea's????

J :cool:

McGary911
01-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Jim,
Are you talking about the 3 pushbuttons on top, the ones for the engine hatch ram? I'm thinking they may indeed be hard to find. A previous owner installed a toggle switch on mine. I was thinking of taking the buttons out this spring and seeing if i can get them working again. I'm also going to try to get the LED light indicators working again. Like you said, all soldered on. Looks like a pain for sure. Good luck in your search......

BUIZILLA
01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
My hatch switches work okay. Actually the white hatch switch is a dummy... no wires to it.

My NAV light switch is no bueno, as is my engine room light switch. I've traced everything, and there is power in, but no power out, on those 2 switches...

I think Poodle would know where his went, if one or two went vamoos. :p

Has anybody installed a remote mount oil filter on their 454?

J :cool:

gcarter
01-26-2004, 07:54 AM
It must be nice to have a boat developed to the point to where the important things are matching switches!! :cistineb: :cistineb:

George Carter

McGary911
01-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Ahhh.....the illuminated rocker switches! Fortunately all of those work on my boat (now). When I first got the boat 11 months ago, I think Grizz mentioned that they are expensive, about $40 a pop. I believe he mentioned that they are all double pole switches which is not necessary, and the nav is a double pole double throw (DPDT). If he knew they were expensive, he should know where to get them. My boat has an extra switch that is not utilized, does yours? if it does, does it work and can you scavenge it? Hopefully, Grizz has a lead on a source for those. I'll keep my eye out, and let you know if i come up with anything.

BUIZILLA
01-26-2004, 11:02 AM
My NAV switch is identical to ALL the others. Push in, to detent, push in again, to release. The only difference is the lens color. I have one dummy riding in the lower panel, but's it's already been switched out, and is bad also. There are NO rocker switches on my original panels.

J

McGary911
01-26-2004, 12:12 PM
UHHH is right.....Methinks i may not have the original switches??? Anyone know of a pic in the registry of an original Criterion switch panel??? I'm looking now.....

BUIZILLA
01-26-2004, 01:14 PM
when the hell did you take that picture ????:confused:

the yellow cover switch down below is not hooked to anything, neither is the white cover switch up top. They are both bad anyways, as are the red cover NAV and red cover engine room switches. I need two switches to get out of a jam, I can change the red covers, if I get two new, or good used switches. The yellow switch and white switch had no function anyways.

$80 for 2 switches is a helluva lot cheaper than rewiring everything.

J

MR MAGOO
01-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Big Jim,

How are you? I 'm heading to Miami for the boat show next month. Will you be there? If so give me a call, lets hoist a few :D

Kurt :cool:

BUIZILLA
01-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey Kurt, find me some switches and I'll buy drinks....

J

Ed Donnelly
01-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Buizilla Even though you spelt my name wrong, I am still willing
to help you.
1) I researched those switchs from Ohio, to California,to England, to France,then on to Belgium.
2) Each switch is over $100 U.S. Orders of 10 or more are $83.00 each.
3) These switchs were used on KITT the car on the Knight Rider series. They were also used by NASA on the Apollo rockets.
4) When my computer crashed last year, I lost all the info I had saved.
5) If you really want them, I will do the search again because I can start in Europe and have the info within a day or three.
6) Grizz has 2 spares, but, you would have to kill him to get them.
7) See if any of the other Criterion Owners, MadPoodle, MadPoodle(2) Grizz,want to get together and buy at least 10 to get the discount. We need the color,Momentary,or push on, push off etc.
E-mail me or call me 416 744 2345...Ed Donnely

Ed Donnelly
01-26-2004, 06:51 PM
God bless my wife. She keeps every scrap of paper.
The switches are C.P.Clare. They are now owned by ESM in France,who now manufacture them. Their agent is All-Tronic(I believe they are in England).

The switch is now referred to as C.P.Clare- Pendar.
The momentary switch is part # S180 20D5F4 97564 7906
it has 2 N/O contacts(AllTronic part#SB1410)

Another 10 lbs. of scrap paper to go through and I might find my actual contact.

P.S. They only accept EURO Dollars.

Stay tuned...Ed

Ed Donnelly
01-26-2004, 09:28 PM
McGary911 E-Mail Buizilla A.S.A.P. if you need switches. I found all the contacts and he is calling France Tuesday to place an order...Ed

McGary911
01-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Ed, just emailed both of you......thanks..

ToonaFish
01-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Quick, someone list all the reasons I hate Floriduh; I'm weakening.

Beautiful, Jim, just beautiful.

Bunches,

Celene 'bugs, slow drivers, um, big bugs...'