PDA

View Full Version : Donzi White

Eugene Nahemow
01-25-2004, 07:16 PM
What would be the closest PPG paint color for Donzi white gel?
Thanks.

Lenny
01-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Eugene, it all depends on the year you are working with. Way back, it was Ferro, today, I believe it is AME or Reichold... ???

Eugene Nahemow
01-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Lenny,
Year is 1970.
Do you know the difference in the hues of whites that have been used?
Thanks.

Lenny
01-25-2004, 11:53 PM
no

Digger
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Eugene, I would recommend going to a good paint shop and getting a chromavision camera, take a few shots of the paint/gel you want to match. Even if you get the original color it won't match because of fading that inevitably occurs over time. The chromavision shot will get you the mix of codes you need. I had to drag my boat to the shop to do it. (well actually Woodsy did...geographical issues... but I digress) I guess those chromavision cameras are pretty spendy. good luck.

uhh.. the thought just occurred to me that maybe you don't want to match the color to an existing application...maybe you're painting the whole thing. If thats the case disregard the above and continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

Eugene Nahemow
01-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks Digger,
But there is a slight problem.
I have no paint to match it to.
My boat has been all sanded and filled.
I have re-gelcoated the hull and now I need to find an appropriate color (white) for the topsides, which is going to be painted.

Anyone.......................... Pearson?

smokediver
01-27-2004, 10:13 AM
If you go to the local ppg jobber they should be able to get in their paint computer and give you the code. if you have any problems , let me know ...