PDA

View Full Version : More on Donzi Racing and Steve Simon

Last Tango
01-25-2004, 12:47 PM
A couple weeks ago I was browsing the magazines at Barnes & Noble and came across one I had not seen before. The magazine is called rpm (their lower case, not my typo). The masthead states it is a "Registry of Performance Machines." It is the International edition. Dec2003/Jan2004, $4.95. Cover photo and head line are about Aston Martin. Heavy binding, glossy finish, very upscale advertisers. Probably a spin off from the duPont Registry.
On the cover, in the upper right hand corner is a picture of the Donzi 38ZR number 193 and race team rejoicing in its victory - a National Championship. Pages 20-23 have a splendid and wonderfully color photographed story on the Factory Donzi race teams. Best reading and description I have seen, yet. To cap off this exciting article, pages 24 and 25 have a particularly nice photo set and story about Steve Simon and the loss this represents to not only Donzi but to the entire boating community.
This magazine may become a regular on my reading list, but I mostly wanted to let you know about this because the cover says "Display until January 31, 2004 "
Hurry up and get your copy while they last.

Last Tango
01-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Last few days before this is no longer available on the magazine stands.
:cool: