PDA

View Full Version : Crazy 16 question

Kikwear
01-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Aside from the hatch fitment, do you think it's possible to put a 6-71 on a 5.7 in a 16? ;) I'm worried the snout might be too long and will protrude too far towards the seats as there is a serious lack of room to begin with. Any ideas? Anyone done this? My baby is all wrapped up otherwise I'd go measure it. :D

Lenny
01-25-2004, 11:05 AM
There is a post from about 2 years ago and it has shown up since, of a blown bigblock 16 in here, called "Bad Donzi" I believe. a couple of pics too. I can't make this search feature work for me. Seems "big" is too short a word, as is "bad"...Sorry, but it is here somewhere.

MOP
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Lenny I went looking for the same post, search is not working. It was posted agian back awhile ago.

Rootsy
01-25-2004, 04:20 PM
the one from lake winni was something else with a roots type supercharger on it... it'll fit.. it's tight... you best think of really shortening that drive and doing something to the hull to make it fly straight... that 16 on winni had trim tabs half as long as the stinkin boat! oh yeah... you best be thinking BRAVO...

it isn't quite as simple as just "bolt on" and go... least if you want it to live long and perform correctly...

Kikwear
01-25-2004, 06:07 PM
I thought 6-71s had two carb mountings? What is that setup? :confused: By shortening the drive, do you mean the lower unit or the blower snout?