PDA

View Full Version : Proposed bill on outlawing 2 strokes

KMLFAMILY
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
They are trying to outlaw any new 2 stroke engine in my state after June 2004. Atv"s,Motorcycles,Personal watercrafts, and yes Boats too.
You would think meeting federal emisson laws would satisfy these tree huggers.
http://www.ama-cycle.org/legisltn/releases/2003/G03014.asp

Fish boy
06-02-2003, 08:29 AM
#%$&ing politicians! Why, why, why??? You would think Mass would be especially liberal with what motors are on its waterways; especially since one of its senators likes to drive his car there after a few drinks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

DonzigoJR
06-02-2003, 09:52 AM
That has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard of. Whats next outlaw gas or some stupid $hit like that. :confused: :confused: :confused:

mattyboy
06-02-2003, 11:47 AM
hey fishboy you're right especially that the senator in question uses his car like a personal watercraft eek! :p wink :D

Matty

wytmike
06-02-2003, 11:55 AM
In California they are ready have restrictions on all sorts of two strokes.

Diffeerent stickers for 2 and 4 stroke atvs/motorcycles and the times they can be run.

At Tahoe, Only 2-strokes that meet 2007 standards are allowed to run. Someone up there was fined $10,000.00 for continuing to run his outlawed two stroke.

MOP
06-02-2003, 11:10 PM
I can see laws to phase out old style burners, but the new direct injection Yamis and Bombers are turning in better scores tha the four strokes. I think they due to power to wieght will take a very large market share. I have run the new Yami it is smokeless and very fuel efficiant and starts and runs great, also smooth as glass.