PDA

View Full Version : what boat am i looking for?

Adoni
06-01-2003, 05:43 PM
When I was younger, I spent much of my summers in Lake Tahoe, (1980's) during which time it seemed like everyone owned a Donzi not a Cobalt like today, I have always been intrigued as to what boat I am looking for from my childhood. Were the 18's or classic 22 2+3's more popular, and how do I go about finding one in good condition with few problems. Do I want a Cobra outdrive witha ford or a merc with a chevy? If anyone knows who the dealer was during that time, I would also like to find that out. Sorry if im ignorant, but I don't remember much other than I didnt know anyone else made boats but Donzi and that all my great childhood experiences were on a white and blue Donzi with the navy blue stripe.

Fish boy
06-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Adoni,
welcome to the donzi registry. Great story about you childhood; wish all waterways were as well adorned as it sounds like Tahoe was back in the day.

If you have not checked it out yet, there are a lot of pictures of different members boats in the "boat registry" section (links at the bottom of the page.

If you are looking for a donzi, this is a great place to find out a ton of information about different models. There is a search function that will lead you to a lot of great stuff such as cobra vs merc power packages, performance stuff on different models, etc.

Probably the best thing you could possible do is go to an donzi event next time there is one close by. You will get to see a lot of different models, and if you ask real nice, probably take a spin in them. You will find that the members here are a big family and some of the best people you will ever meet.

Keep an eye on the "events and gatherings section for get togethers" and also on the "boats for sale" section. Before you buy, don't be afraid to post questions here. Collectively, there is more donzi knowledge here than any place on earth, including the donzi plant (no disrespect).

Good luck,

Fish