PDA

View Full Version : Went on Donzi Factory tour + whats my boat worth?

george1965
05-30-2003, 08:22 AM
A few years ago when I bought my Donzi I had called them to inquire about parts I needed since they were built about 60 miles from my home I decided to see if they offered tours of the factory. They were very nice and I made arrangements to go there. It was a great experience since I had never seen how boats are manufactured. Everyone there was really nice and answered a lot of questions and even offered history and insight into what Donzi is all about. I was also impressed with the professional attitude displayed and the attention to detail and quality they impart on every boat built. I also need some help figuring out what my boat might be worth it is a 1977 18' Donzi Classic. The boat has been well maintained and is white with orange stripe on top and the sides are 1/2 orange and 1/2 white. I was surprised at what others on this site are asking for these boats (not totally surprised they are great boats) and I was wondering what fair market value is. Also it has a 350 Chevy original motor with a Volvo Penta outdrive all original paperwork (parts manual, receipts etc.). I noticed one ad for a very rare 400hp model that Donzi made how do I know if I have that? Thanks....

MOP
05-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Post some pic's, how fast is it, a 400 would be running in the 70's. Twenty six years on that drive, Volvos are so sweet! If you are raw water cooled even with flushing the block is tired.

george1965
05-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Our server is down at work and no restoral time yet, can't get pictures to post but I will try later.

Fish boy
05-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey George,
welcome to the donzi registry. Sounds like a nice boat, can't wait to see the pics. Looks like another central Fla member :D