PDA

View Full Version : The war, President, UN, and other stuff, my 2 cents

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-18-2003, 12:50 PM
So what do you guys think? Did the President make the right decision?
I support him 100%. I am at 22 years active and still serving, still having fun as we say. :)

The funny part; :rolleyes:
18 hours after GWB decides to give his speech, now H. Blix is singing a different tune, UN emergency session tomorrow, now Turkey is folding on their bluff and others, like we couldn't fly over their airspace anyway, we have been for years already (support A/C)!
Oh, and France will join in the event a chemical weapon is used, the proud VETO permenant member!
Now who has egg on their face? Not the USA.
Not 24 hours ago, Bush and Blair were suffering in the ratings and government support, now a swing in the UK and GWB is up in the polls, minus a few Democrats running their mouth that voted YES last September....

It will rain HE soon.
God Bless our troops.
Bryan Tuvell

PS.. 6 week low on a barrel, about $27...

<small>[ March 18, 2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Tuvell 26ZX ]</small>

BUIZILLA
03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
eh Bryan....I'm with ya 100% wink

what's with the Mexico flip flop?? nezt week they'll want more NAFTA guardians.. :rolleyes:

what's a *Pesident?* wink

oil @ $27 a barrel? :cool:

let the watermelons drop... eek! eek!

J

Ed Donnelly
03-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Whats with the Canadian flip flop? When you make a commitment, you should stick to it..This sure doesn't help the U.S. Canadian relationship.We are leaving our troops and ships there, but we are not going to fight. A French speaking P.M.who literally speaks out of the side of his mouth.After the war is won by the States,watch everybody do a turn around.If the U.N. wants to drag its ass, scrap the U.N. Sorry for rambling but I am really pissed off. Not a good day for us Canadians,sorry....Ed

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Good catch on the spelling! LOL
That is just getting home from a 30 hour shift and two drinks at lunch! eek!
The upgraded Alert Status makes life a bit difficult.
The change in status is interesting, and when it comes to rebuilding, I wonder where France will fit in.

I respect "most" of the world leaders, their country trusts them with their best interest, like it or not.
Should be interesting. Stay tuned....
Bryan

today in my email...
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellfrance.jpg

<small>[ March 18, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Tuvell 26ZX ]</small>

oldLenny
03-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Good point Bryan, nice analogy Scott,..I like it.

Sometimes "our" Government doesn't support the views of the "masses". I would hazard a guess that "ours" is scared to get into the mix 'cuz as a country we are smaller than California, with a greater land mass than you (all States) and have no protection, whatsoever. If it were me I would be trying to score a "few points" here,..now. We WILL need them one day, I know that your people will rise to the occasion, and I hope we can repay the gratitude, and not hide from it...Yes, and Bryan, some of those on that beach came from here. I speak fluent Canadian and a whole lot of American,...both PROUDLY!!!...rock on...God Bless you all!

Fish boy
03-19-2003, 08:24 AM
"France" is french for Pu$$ie$! Sorry ladies, I do not mean to offend anyone. Who cares what they think, what they want, or what they say. They will always be spineless woosies with a desperate desire to be a real world power, and a illfounded urge to look down their condescending noses at the rest of the world. Heck, France is smaller than Texas, which by the way is Greg Lemond's home state.

When we want France's opinion, we will give it to them. Until then, they should STFU, sit back, and watch the fireworks.

May God bless our service men and women.

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Fshboy ]</small>

Terry0341
03-19-2003, 03:12 PM
As you know from my past post's on this subject I have trouble saying just what I think :D Now the ***** leaders will see what it means to have balls! Our military is going in there to kick ass and that they will, we are and always will be the best.SEMPER FI, GO ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, COAST GUARD. we need to all start writing our leaders and let them know how we feel about the WEAK countries! :mad:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Great replies.
Now we wait. But we won't wait long.
I was glad to see an another country offer him asylum. So he had two last chances to give up his power, and not just under our threat.
The footage today on CNN about the ground soldier who could not hang (carry a certain weight) was a bit abrupt for daytime TV, especially if that was your son. But the President promised better real time footage from the media. Many Wolf Blitzers will be born from this war. We have local media on all east coast CVN's.
I was glad to see Blair got his backing too. I think most of america like it or not support our troops, hard not too, I have done it many times and for once get to watch it on TV, odd for this family.
Thank goodness Kuwait has a good memory.

(Navy tidbit, 147 ships deployed to the region.)
My weather prediction is a Tomohawk storm!
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Did you see the live CNN report from TFCC (tactical flag command center) on one of our carriers? I am sure they will show it again, since it is so rare.

Wow! The media is getting great access, that would be my space to work when deployed, no live media has ever been shot from there showing our at sea command and control capabilities.
Bryan

<small>[ March 19, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Tuvell 26ZX ]</small>

BigGrizzly
03-19-2003, 06:01 PM
It is time I stepped in not only for me but my late Father, who came over from Italy as a little boy and fell in love with two women. One was my mom the other was the statue of liberty and what it stands for.He serves from 1938 to 1954. he was a Officer and a CO of several posts from Persia(Iran) to cambridge Ohio. He was proud of this country when asked " are you Italian he would say "No I am an American. He was proud of The US in the Gulf war and he would be proud of our Commander and Chief in this war.

One more dig against France, for both of us.Do you remember who started Vietnam if not I will tell you-France at the hands of General De Gaul. Than they pulled out and left us holding the bag. Some things never change.

Cuda
03-19-2003, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Thank goodness Kuwait has a good memory.

QUOTE]
France must have amnesia. I have had no respect for France since when we wanted to bomb Khadafi, the French didn't want us in their airspace. They damn sure didn't mind us in their airspace during WWII did they! :mad:

Walt. H.
03-23-2003, 02:29 AM
News has it that the Iraqi army was trained by the French! eek! Reports of mass Iraqi surrender has begun! wink :rolleyes: