PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Questions

evetsathom
04-07-2003, 05:20 PM
I am fine tuning the search for the best 22 classis for my needs and budget. Although I have admired these boats for years I only receently decided to make the move. My time on the net and phone has given me just enough information to be dangerous. I need more information. Here we go...
I have noticed that some of the boats are advertised as "Black Hawks". Some with the graphics and some with out. What makes a true Black Hawk?
Also I have noticed that some boats have the twin counter rotating props. Is this part of the Black Hawk set up? If not what is the commonly refered to as?
How about the captains Call exhaust. I have learned enough to know if I want this option. If I buy a boat with out it how much will I have to spend fot the parts ?

Bad-Tat
04-07-2003, 05:37 PM
The blackhawk 22 Classic is a very different boat to drive vs the standard hull. It has a rocker hull to enable it to get up on a plane with the Blackhawk surface drive. Supposedly there were 40 of the special edition grafics and around 20 without the Eagle and Gold fittings. It is not a boat that you can hand the keys to anyone and have them be safe. Great fun once you figure out how to drive it. The faster the better!!! It throws a mean rooster tail over 70mph!! The drives are very scarce and expensive to rebuild when they break.