PDA

View Full Version : car care tip

Digger
01-27-2003, 06:36 AM
lots of choices for wax/polishes etc available out there. It was time for me to go to work on Levi's finish (Levi is short for Leviathan. yes I give names to mechanical devices) The finish has been neglected for awhile. what to use? After some research I decided on Mother's products. I used their "3 step" system. (after washing of course) step 1, cleaner. step 2, sealant/polish. step 3, wax. Each comes in a bottle, liquid form. I applied each step with a 10" orbital buffer, removed by hand with terrycloth towels. Took some time and effort, three trips around the truck with a buffer took about 5 hrs, but the results: absolutely phenomenal. She looks awesome. highly recommend Mother's stuff.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/mhowardtruck1.jpg

harbormaster
01-27-2003, 08:25 AM
It was not posting because you were putting in the wrong filename. You were using "mhowardmytruck1.jpg" when the filename was actually "mhowardtruck1.jpg".

simple error.

ToonaFish
01-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Okay, this is a stoopid question, but I've never not had a garage before... how do ya'll Yankees apply wax in the winter weather? Meguiar's says not to do it in the cold... how do you get around this?

Levi looks sharp, by the way.

Bunches,

Celene 'oxidized in the South'

Digger
01-27-2003, 09:24 AM
I knew I shouldnt have tried to do that so early in the morning... thanks Scot.

washing the truck in winter
1. place garden hose inside house to thaw out, preferable in a place it can drain, one day prior
2. dress warmly

Brad Lyon
01-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Digger, that's one nice looking truck! Before I bought my CCD I had a 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer in the very same color. That paint looks an inch deep after a good coat of wax.

Brad

Took 23 minutes to download at 45.333bps. Holy $hit, I need cable!

Formula Jr
01-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Mother's aluminum polish also works great for buffing out small scratches in plastic items. I use it all the time to restore old telephone cases.

HyperDonzi
01-27-2003, 02:57 PM
I cant remember the full offical name of the stuff, but it is made by Meguiars (sp?) for tires. Keeps the shine over 2x as long as Armorall.

MOP
02-10-2003, 09:55 AM
This polish was posted by another member way back it is really great, worth looking into.

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/index.html