PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm Test your knowledge

harbormaster
01-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Questions:

1.. There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

2.. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3.. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4.. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

5.. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

6.. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

7.. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

8.. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

9.. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

10.. There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

11.. It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

12.. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

Wildfire
01-23-2003, 09:11 PM
4 baseball?
5 strawberry

7 dwarf, ???

Obviously, I don't know too much! But it is a fun way to spend some time.

Ed Donnelly
01-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Chess,Asparagus,Cricket,magic,dwarf, dwell,Strawberry,Kiwi..The easy ones I will leave for others.....Ed

Formula Jr
01-23-2003, 09:52 PM
1.. There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
Chess.

2.. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
Niagra Falls.

3.. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
?????????

4.. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
Baseball.

5.. What fruit has its seeds on the outside.
Richard Simons

6.. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
It was grown in side the bottle.

7.. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.
Dwell.
Dwelling

8.. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?
Period, Exclamation mark, Question Mark, Colon, Semi colon, Hyphen, comma,
Aphostrophy, Quotation......

9.. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"
The team was originally from the land of ten thoudsand lakes. MN.

10.. There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.
Getting Hit with a pitch, Don’t know - I’m a nerd. This is a sports question....

11.. It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?
Watermelon

12.. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
Shoes, slippers, socks, stockings, sandels, spurs.

goatee
01-23-2003, 10:46 PM
well, i got chess right dont know, dont know
going to say , volleyball. strawberry,
dwarf, dwindle. yes, calif. (obviously wrong)
hit by pitch/steal/bawk, and yes you can steal first base. a bawk is when a pitcher starts a pitch, and stops. his leg must follow through.
if it doesnt, he can throw to first base.

ToonaFish
01-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Watermelon is sold pickled.

Need serious caffine for the rest.

Sagbay32
01-24-2003, 08:40 AM
1. Boxing

2. Niagra falls

3. Asparagus and rhubarb

4. Baseball

5. Strawberries

6. The pears are grown in bottle

7. Dwindle, Dwell

8. comma, colon, apostrophe, quotation marks, period, question mark, and don't forget Exclamation point!

9. They were from MN

10. Desig pinch runner, passed ball, hit by pitch, catchers drops the 3rd strike, catcher interferes, Fielders choice

11. good ol' lettuce

12. sneakers, socks, sandals, shoes, slippers stockings, IN Michigan we also have: skis and snowshoes.

Mike.......fffffffreezing in MI

goatee
01-24-2003, 11:39 AM
dude!!!! i do do mean DUDE!!! good going.
but boxing has judges that score rounds.
and spectaters can tell who is winning.
(i dont really use the word "dude" much, just thought it was appropriate)

harbormaster
01-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Damn,
Mike you must have gotten the email I got.

Tidbart
01-24-2003, 04:37 PM
1. Chess

2. Niagara Falls

3. Asparagus, rhubarb, sweet potato... actually there are many more than these. There are a lot of varieties of leafy green perennial vegetables.

4. Baseball

5. Strawberries

6. Grown inside the bottle.

7. Dwindle, dwell, dwarf, and don't forget dweeb, a slang, but no the less a word.

8. period, comma, question mark, exclamation mark, colon, semicolon, hyphen, dash,
parentheses, brackets, ellipsis, apostrophe, quotation marks, and the slash.

9. See above.

10. 1 pinch runner 2 walk 3 catcher interference 4 hit by pitch 5 fielder's choice 6 dropped third strike, stolen base 7 error

11 Lettuce

12 See above

I think we got them all.
:D

Sagbay32
01-24-2003, 05:13 PM
I didn't get the email Scot, but I always love the trivia , teasers, and brain busters!

Keep 'em coming.

Mike

Actually chess can be scored if game is unfinished.

Formula Jr
01-24-2003, 05:31 PM
I'd like to change my answer to #1.
Dueling by pistol. :)