PDA

View Full Version : Sad day in my "boating" world...

oldLenny
01-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Looks like my ability is going to "hampered" a bit in being able to hunt for parts and deals and just general wharf rat stuff.

Seem the Company I work for half of my day has invested in 11,000 of these little babies and equipped every vehicle in the last couple weeks. Mine (Ford F-350 4x) yesterday. It keeps a 30 day event and waypoint log, is all web based, is not accessible by us, and instantly emails/pages or Text Messages my boss if it is disabled. It uploads the previous 30 days and correlates the waypoints with times and dates and is being used as an overlay with the work we performed and the location.

This is very sad...might have to stay in the office and just surf all day from now on... :(

http://www.icantrack.com

Formula Jr
01-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Well that sucks. Don't these people know we have a life? :D

MOP
01-22-2004, 05:46 PM
BUMMER! Big Brother, I have trucker buds that hate it. It made their days shorter along with hourly pay checks smaller. Can't hide or side trip they know where you are all the time.

Fish boy
01-22-2004, 07:53 PM
That is a total bummer. Sorry to hear that man. frown

mattyboy
01-23-2004, 06:35 AM
take it out put it on the bosses truck for a day or so and when the boss stops at his girlfriends house and he ask's you why you were there, tell him what you did and say his wife ask you to keep tabs on him and well you want to keep just between you and him, that will get rid of big brother, and the boss will probably be much easier to get along with , :p wink :D , or just do a general slow down, observe all traffic signs come to complete 1 minute stops at stops signs, at railroad crossings go by the book, get out make sure no train is in the immediate area!
they tried that crap with me a gps locator thingy they want 5 calls done in a day I'll get 7 calls done by lunch then leave me alone!
it was funny mine kept draing the battery they had to remove it!
or better yet get everyone to stop at the bosses house when you know his wife is home alone!!!
that will get him thinking, when he asks ok dispatcher where was evryone at 10 am yesterday,
"your house sir" eek! eek! :p

Matty

Fish boy
01-23-2004, 06:44 AM
is it just gps, or are there other integrations with the truck?

harbormasterextra
01-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Thats an idea. Tell all your coworkers to leave their lights on and run down the batteries in all the trucks equipped with them. When they all of a sudden have to start replacing batteries on all the trucks they will bame it on the GPS units and take them out.

or

don't remove it, Just find a way to block/jam the antennae reception. Anyone know an easy way to jam a GPS?

or

take it out and put in a friends plane and have him fly over a lake or bay. Then put it back in the truck. Let them try to figure out those waypoints in the water!

MOP
01-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Take a piece of copper screen large enough to be able to cover it over and attach a wire and run it to chassis ground. Use the blue not to sticky tape so they can't see you have be covering it. Play dumb they will keep checking out the unit, also get your buds to do it that will drive them nuts!

Lenny
01-24-2004, 01:25 PM
MOP, if it cant find 3 sattelites or track in a period exceeding 10 seconds, it automatically sends "the one in charge" an email, text message or page that something is arry.

I am going to look into the "Charter of Rights and Freedoms" here in Canada as well as the newly implemented "PIPA" Personal information Privacy Act.

As well, a digital voice sample of our name has now got to be on record with the employer.

I don't think you would see this %*it fly in America so I don't believe it should here either.

MOP
01-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Typing between Honey Do's! Big Bro got it all figured out!

Ed Donnelly
01-25-2004, 10:44 AM
A friend of mine is working on a locking interface fot these. If he gets the bugs out soon,I will let you know....Ed

Lenny
01-25-2004, 11:07 AM
cool