PDA

View Full Version : God wanted a dog...

JimG
03-05-2003, 04:09 PM
God Wanted a Dog...

A dog that loved her people completely.

A dog that would look Him straight in the eye.

A dog with a sense of humor, and the knowledge of when to use it.

A friend to everyone, two or four-legged.

An easy-going dog, not moody or melancholy, and never mean-spirited.

A dog with a waggy tail, and bright shiny eyes.

A dog who knows what He's thinking, sometimes before He even knows.

A dog who gives hugs, and loves laps.

A dog who understands the importance of a good nap.

One who's always ready for a walk, or a ride.

A dog who's strong-willed and independent,
and lets Him know it once in while.

One who loves water, and boating, and just being outside.

A dog who likes to stand facing the wind, ears blowing back along her head.

One who could show her love in every sideways glance.

God wanted our Maggie, and she's with Him now.
She romps in Heaven's soft grass, the
warm sunshine on her back.
And lies at His side in the afternoon, and dreams.

Formula Jr
03-05-2003, 06:36 PM
There's been a couple of times where i thought god would like Henry....never acted on it though.....

Its odd, that sometimes we grieve more for our pets than genetic family members.....

Some dogs are not dogs... they transcend simple definitions ..

<small>[ March 05, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Formula Jr ]</small>

Fish boy
03-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Jim,
I am sure Maggie is looking down from heaven right now and missing you too. I am sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose a special member of the family. Our thought and prayers are with you and yours.

Fish

Stromer
03-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Jim, I don't know you (yet) but I am sorry for your loss. I have not been on the site for a very long time ( a year or more). Have a new Rottie puppy ready for training!
We lost 2 in a row in November and Dec 2002. Not a good fall/winter. Just be happy that YOU were the owner of your dog and have all the memomies.
Your K9 stands guard and waits for you.

JimG
03-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks...

I miss her every day. She was the best.

The good news is... we've decided to get a puppy! Definitely another female Beagle. We're going to wait until after our Pensacola trip in May, though. (If we can wait that long...)

JimG & Janet Marie

Walt. H.
03-15-2003, 02:21 AM
Jim & Janet, Sorry for your lost of Maggie and the hurt your feeling, I to know the feeling.I'm still grieve for my 2-1/2yr old Akita(Shadow Girl) that I lost in aug of 2001.(cancer) Tried everything for 6 months until she lost 1/2 of her total weight.No need to finish, you can imagine the rest.I Lost my older sister a few month earlier that year and I thought it was strange of me to still be feeling the lost of my dog more then for my sister. I found it comforting to read that i'm not alone with those thought's.To grieve some times more for a pet. My Condolences to you and your family. Regards, Walt, H. (I have not replaced her, Can't! But I named our boat after her)

<small>[ March 15, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Walt. H. ]</small>